ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New project Renault 5 gt turbo

2004 Clio 182 cup
Picking this blast from the past up tomorrow fingers crossed. Il take better pictures tomorrow when I actually go look at it

Attachments

• $_58-3.jpg
    $_58-3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 227
  • $_58-2.jpg
    $_58-2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 238
  • $_58-1.jpg
    $_58-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 221
  • $_58.jpg
    $_58.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0336_2.jpg
    IMG_0336_2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 216
  2004 Clio 182 cup
Nice in it always had a soft spot for them. Needs light restoration though buddy so far from perfect. Floor pans are shot so might take it our fred Flintstone style haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you got it for sensible money, there will be money to be made when the time comes?

2004 Clio 182 cup
Not sure yet mate need to see what road to go down. I know the wheels with be getting changed at some point. Still got my Rb cup so ideally would like to keep both an do the gt turbo up at a steady pace or sell the rb to speed up the gt turbo don't really know at this moment in time mate.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Your biggest issue will be sourcing original parts and when you do find them be prepared for the price 😧

I was lucky I sourced all my parts 3 to 4 years ago before these cars became such a retro icon.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Can't wait mate :) I want the interior standard I know that. not sure about the spoiler yet il make my mind up once I see it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A standard brand new parcel shelf went for £600 on eBay not long ago. And an original gear knob £250.

That tells you how expensive these are to restore!

182 cup
Keep it true to the era. Fibreglass everything big bumpers, bigger spoiler, ear shattering dump valve. It will come back around eventually just like flares.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy in the photos mate. Looking forward to the progress.
Are you attaching thumbnails instead of full images in your post? Or is it just the device you've using making the images small??

2004 Clio 182 cup
Looks tidy in the photos mate. Looking forward to the progress.
Are you attaching thumbnails instead of full images in your post? Or is it just the device you've using making the images small??
I'm doing it on my phone mate opens up full on mine