ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyre choice (182)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Need four new tyres on my 182 and i'm either getting the standard fit PE2's for £343 (inc. VAT,fitting and balancing) or Goodyear F1's for £300 all in. I've searched hard to get these prices which I know are very competitive.

My problem is do I spend the extra £43 and go for PE2's again or try something new and save a bit of cash. I've only had PE2's on my 182 but I know f1's are also highly rated.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I don't know all that much about tyres, but if I wasn't getting PE2s I would definately get the F1s. The F1's will wear quicker than the PE2s though.

Is that from personal experience mate? I have really got on with the PE2's but I thought they wore quite quickly so really don't want anything worse from that area.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i found pe'2 to wear well. everyone drives different mind. where did you get yr quotes from? i'd stick with pe'2 personally. good tyre

Weeman sucks ****
seb182 said:
i found pe'2 to wear well. everyone drives different mind. where did you get yr quotes from? i'd stick with pe'2 personally. good tyre

Absolutely right mate, I didn;t like the F1's when I switched to those a while back and went back to Contis which although are quite hard, are a good tyre for the price imo.

Jut replaced them with PE2's in the 205 wide allround. Feel a lot stickier, sure the 'ring will help me judge more:D

Just ordered the F1's, can't beat the price for 205 45 16's anywhere (most places have been £100+ a corner!). Just hope they don't wear to quickly.

Ordered from Harris Bros. They are in swansea, but don't think they are a chain or anything, they have 3 branches in swansea so have that market wrapped up.

Weeman sucks ****
That's very cheap. Best price I could get fitted for the PE2's was 95 each! Hence being on contis for so long, my tyre man does them for 60!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Rhys182 said:
Need four new tyres on my 182 and i'm either getting the standard fit PE2's for £343 (inc. VAT,fitting and balancing) or Goodyear F1's for £300 all in. I've searched hard to get these prices which I know are very competitive.

My problem is do I spend the extra £43 and go for PE2's again or try something new and save a bit of cash. I've only had PE2's on my 182 but I know f1's are also highly rated.

How many miles did you get out of your old PE2's?

Turbos.
It's always worth checking with your local tyre shop, if you factor in fitting they're normally as cheap if you haggle.

How many miles did you get out of your old PE2's?

I bought the car with 11500 miles and assume the tyres hadn't been changed since new. Its on 15500 miles now. But the tyres weren't that bad when i bought it to be honest, my driving style isn't the most sympathetic towards tyres!

CHRIS172CUP said:
That's very cheap. Best price I could get fitted for the PE2's was 95 each! Hence being on contis for so long, my tyre man does them for 60!

bought 4 contis , fitted , balanced for 260 all in ......new tyre man :rasp:

Clio 182
killed my pe2's in 8000 miles, (fronts) second set heading the same way. maybe my driving. its been the same with every car i've owned tyres go nowhere.

LY182/NHB CTR
I've had PE2's and F1's on my car currently using F1's and just brought another 4... Both tyres are very good IMO however I find the F1's are better in the wet and well I live in Wales and its always raining here lol