ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[newbie] Car shaking in neutral

Clio RS 2003
Hello there,

I just bought a Clio RS and after ~2000 km it started shaking a lot in neutral. It goes 2 ways, depending on it's own mood.

1. only the steering wheel shakes. Once I start accelerating (even in neutral), the shake goes away.

2. the whole car shakes. It will go away only after a big shake, while leaving in 1st.

I was thinking this may be a common problem, just like the AC sensor is. Everyone knows about it, you just have to search a bit. I've done my share of searching and no answer was found. Some say it may be the engine mounts, other say it may be the clutch. Am I missing something? What would your bet be?

Thanks,
Horia Poterasoiu

Clio RS 2003
Short up.

Went to 3 mechanics.

1. Renault dealer said it's probably a bearing in the back of the car. That just sounds stupid.
2. a mechanic that has some experience with Renault said it's the engine mounts.
3. also a mechanic with Renault experience confirmed it's the engine mounts.

I'm gonna replace them all, the only problem would be what to choose to last more?