ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise question...

Subaru imp & leggy
I have a fairly standard 172 came with various receipts when I got it and says it has a ktec stealth back box and an unsilenced ktec centre section. When car was mot's I took it to garage that mot's my impreza with straight through 3 inch turbo back and they said the clio flew through emissions and has a cat. Car is primarily a track toy but road legal and blew 87db at brands this week.
I'm after any advice if went with decat any ideas how much more noisy it would be likely to get?
Also I fancy a 182 style twin bumper exit back box, purely cos I like the look of them! Ktec say this won't make car any louder- does that sound accurate?
Ideal set up decat with twin centre exit but worried about noise testing...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I can only go off my 182 . I had a decat and it was definitely louder . The decat did exactly nothing for performance . In the end after I swapped it over for MOT I sold the decat . By all means go for the 182 style exhaust , but don't waste your money on decat imo.