ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non OEM handbrake cables

Clio Trophy #88
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Pagid handbrake Cables fit the Trophy Mark 2?

Eurocarparts - Product Code : 108746168
Eurocarparts - Product Code : 108746158

jsgthomson

dan's cast offs.
pagid used to fit but they started throwing different ones in the bag!!

if you get them and they are colour coded then you should be ok. if they are all black don't even try and fit them as they will be short.

first line do them that fit fine as well.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
pagid used to fit but they started throwing different ones in the bag!!

if you get them and they are colour coded then you should be ok. if they are all black don't even try and fit them as they will be short.

first line do them that fit fine as well.

Do you know the part numbers of the First Line ones?

One of mine has just snapped and I'm getting confused about what will and won't fit. Was going to buy the ones from ECP/CPFL but someone has said recently that only one of them fits and the other is too short. Really want to avoid spending £60 from RPD if I can help it.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Keeping an eye on this thread lads.

I think mines on its way out, takes about 7 clicks to hold car anything under and it moves! I don't fancy paying £60+ for cables.

Mot coming up too.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can get underneath, remove the heat shield and turn the nut to tighten up the slack. Might be worth a try before you purchase the cables.

Also, its recommended that you change the pair at the same time rather than just one.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Different again on Ph1's aren't they? I snapped a mates and tried three different firstline ones and they're no good, Renault have discontinued them too apparently so that's helpful.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Really?

Is there anything there still continuing to sell for the mk2s? These, driveshafts, brake pads, pedal plates. All stuff that's quite common to wear and tear and are no longer available!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
will get it for you in day or two.

Is the First Line part number FKB3048?

That's the part number that comes up if you put the SKU that's on the Renault Parts Direct website onto Google. But then when you dig a little deeper it turns out the FKB3048 ones are 1450mm not 1480mm.

dan's cast offs.
Is the First Line part number FKB3048?

That's the part number that comes up if you put the SKU that's on the Renault Parts Direct website onto Google. But then when you dig a little deeper it turns out the FKB3048 ones are 1450mm not 1480mm.

forgot about it sorry!! will try and remember to check tomorrow, should be two different numbers though.

i've fitted a couple of sets of firstline ones and they've fitted fine.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
forgot about it sorry!! will try and remember to check tomorrow, should be two different numbers though.

i've fitted a couple of sets of firstline ones and they've fitted fine.

Thanks mate, the more I look the more confused I'm getting.

It's only the offside/RHS that's snapped and needs replacing. Going to get the ECP Pagid one for the other side.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Renault have discontinued hand brake cables now? wtf

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They're still available on Renaultpartsdirect. I don't know why people are pissing about , trying to save a few quid buying none oem cables to find they don't fit . Just buy genuine parts and then they know that they'll fit . The ones I bought from Renault weren't colour coded , they were both a black/ dark brown colour.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They're still available on Renaultpartsdirect. I don't know why people are pissing about , trying to save a few quid buying none oem cables to find they don't fit . Just buy genuine parts and then they know that they'll fit . The ones I bought from Renault weren't colour coded , they were both a black/ dark brown colour.
My genuine were both black.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I'm a Yorkshire man, saving money is saving money, whether it's saving £1000 or saving 50p I don't care!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm a Yorkshire man, saving money is saving money, whether it's saving £1000 or saving 50p I don't care!
I'm all for saving money . Just so long as the parts " fit" and are at least as good a quality as the oem parts . I've seen quite a few people buy none oem handbrake cables only to find that they don't fit :eek:penmouth: so it seems like alot of faffing about when they end up having to buy genuine ones in the end anyway .

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm all for saving money . Just so long as the parts " fit" and are at least as good a quality as the oem parts . I've seen quite a few people buy none oem handbrake cables only to find that they don't fit :eek:penmouth: so it seems like alot of faffing about when they end up having to buy genuine ones in the end anyway .

If @bloke has fitted the First Line ones and says they fit then I'll trust what he says as he's a very knowledgeable guy.

If they don't fit, then I'll send them back and get my money back and buy genuine. I've still got one working and I'm leaving it in gear so in no rush, it aint rolling anywhere 😂

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Don't suppose anyone knows the lenghs Ph1 cables should be? I work at a motor factors so can do some digging into what might work.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
My Pagid cables from ECP were perfect for my 182, although I did them about this time last year so there's a chance they could have changed.

Just to dig this thread up, as it popped up in a search, I've fitted a set of the ECP Pagid cables to my car last night and they do fit correctly, despite the lengths being a bit shorter on paper.

It'd be impossible if you weren't fitting them as a pair though, as once they've stretched it'd be too much of a differential for the adjusting mechanism on the lever to take up.

Considering the pair of Pagid cables were £26, just over half the price of a single OEM cable from renaultpartsdirect (at £42/each) these days it does make sense!