ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Nov 30, 2014] Oxfordshire & South Central Joint Meet (Oxfordshire)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Kicking off the new changes to regions, and the commencement of more local area reps, this will be our first joint meet for the South Central region.
The idea is that we will move this round, starting with Oxfordshire, and then moving to the next area (be it Tim's or Christopher's), and making this a quarterly meet.

Remember to RSVP if you can make it!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll check out more details later (you can't see anything on Tapatalk), however, I'm flying in from a stag do in Portugal that afternoon so I'll either have to get a lift with someone more sober than me, or I'll be asleep (/dead).

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Back in the world of a proper web experince I can now see the details, and I like the venue, a lot! For some reason I assumed it was going to be an evening meet so I'm now a no because I'll still be abroad at lunchtime :(

Disappointed to be missing the inaugural JP83 meet, however, I'll be at the next! Have a good one.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Ah, that's a shame Tim.
Think we might be a bit late for a Christmas meet now (I suspect most folks will be busy too), but I'll organise a New year meet for sure.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes from me! Never been to any meets before which is shameful as I have been a member for so long. I only live 2 minutes down the road so would be rude not to come. Can show you the Frieze Way drag strip and the Kidlington Laguna Seca corkscrew road lol.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I'm out I'm afraid. Sunday mid afternoons are always a pain for me as 15.00 is swap over time for my boys. so allowing hour and half to drive back I'll hardly have any time to say hello before leaving

Sorry guys

BG 182
up at newcastle for uni otherwise id be game. literally live round the corner as well from there :/ the frieze way is from sainsburys roundabout past rugby pitches up to mini roundabout near peartree roundabout. where's the corkscrew tho!?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I know it. Pub, or...? Tapatalk literally shows the date!
Haha. Yeah, it's the Red Lion Pub.
Think it's also known as the Red Lion "Pizza Bar Kitchen."
If you're coming up from Oxford end, come all the way into town, and it's just before the little clock tower, on the right.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. Yeah, it's the Red Lion Pub.
Think it's also known as the Red Lion "Pizza Bar Kitchen."
If you're coming up from Oxford end, come all the way into town, and it's just before the little clock tower, on the right.
Ah yeah, just after the BMW garage on the opposite side, I think I know it. I'll check my work rota tomorrow and see if I'm free or not.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@Toby. The corskscrew is on the map below. The approach to the round about is down a hill and the roundabout is also undulating. You can take this roundabout at speed as as long as you are careful. red arrow. try it !
C4xOkXz.jpg

BG 182
ah yea! @optical have you been over the old roman straight connecting merton and Ambrosden with the bumps? quite a bit of fun just dont let the back end fish tail!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Can grab my wheel when I drop you off aswell bud ;) Cunning plan!

Let's hope the cubmobile doesn't blow up.
Yes mate, you can.

Was meaning to say - I have a couple of spare 16" alloys that I'm only going to leave for some pikeys, if you wanted a couple more track day wheels?

Will anyone attending be younger than "nearly 30" but old enough to not wear a hat the wrong way round etc? (or an oversized "obey" hat the right way round, which appears to be all the rage these days...)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Will anyone attending be younger than "nearly 30" but old enough to not wear a hat the wrong way round etc? (or an oversized "obey" hat the right way round, which appears to be all the rage these days...)

Lol. We'll welcome anyone from all age groups and backgrounds, but any Mong-like behaviour won't be tolerated.

I myself am 31 if that helps.

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
I'm 26. No cap. No walking stick lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Didn't realise until now but you guys aren't any further than the meets I've been going to in the opposite direction.

Might be tempted. If you'll accept an mx5

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I think I'll make the effort. I haven't got anything planned so a drive out to Oxford-ish area seems like a good idea. Especially if I can have a nosey at Cubs now supercharged flamer.