ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plates *show me what you got*

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've been holding off putting my private plate onto my RB 200 because I can't decide what type of plates to put on.

I quite like the gel type ones as well as presssed plates but I'm not sure how they will suit the car.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to spunk 30 quid on plates that are going to look dog s**t.

Any pics of what you have would be appreciated

Much love

Ronald x

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Standard plastic plates (shameless private plate), with Velcro patches on the back.
I much prefer clean plates, no border or flag and as small a dealer name as possible.
IMG_0881.JPG

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Standard tbh. I always get the eu/gb badge so I don't have to worry about gb stickers if driving abroad.

Pressed etc look a bit pap imo.

I've still got the plates off the beemer with the eu badge on them so if I just go for plain plates with Velcro I can always chuck the other ones on if I go abroad.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I like pressed plates. Or completely plain non GB plastic plates.

Anything else looks too try hard.

Yeah I quite like pressed but I'm not sure if they only belong on German barges or not.

The plain gel type ones always look decent but without actualy seeing them on a 200 I'm not convinced.

Clio 197
I'd recommend plain gel plates. Not the best pics of them on the car but I don't have many.

ACDE77BF-1356-455A-B637-AF535EA0A69D_zpsbod9hmzh.gif

185C14E5-AAFB-4933-927C-C4D7333F5CAA_zpstmpny9wp.gif

8854DD66-6951-4AB1-A37A-5A21440941C1_zps2qtzqkuj.gif

632497EC-8780-44CC-BFCB-1A52B20A8257_zps1pgljper.gif

E10F0588-18D4-4101-87BF-4AA52C9BB08F_zpst2brunji.gif

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
What I quite like are the plain metal ones my dad has on his car - like a plastic plate with no border or GB logo but metal. They aren't pressed. You can also get them with the letters like stuck on so are slightly raised, but not in the pressed format. Tiny manufacturer post code and BS number. Very clean looking. Need to get some for mine actually.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Completely plain. Nothing.
Reduced front to fit the recess, with a standard size rear. Sorry for the rubbish Insta images.
Capture 2.JPG
Capture.JPG

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Finally got this sorted.

I was waiting for French car show so I could look at some plates to see them in the flesh so to speak.

I settled for some pressed plates and I think they look decent enough.

IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG