ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NW Rolling Road meet @ RS Tuning Sat 8th May 2010

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
TBH there was a few people disappointed really.

I was pretty happy with mine, then met some mates last night and they couldn't see why I was happy with 8 below 'standard' lol

I'm still happy with it though :)

Da

Less
Lol, yeah yours did good Mike :)

I'm happy with mine, and it's still only 'standard' lol!

audi a6 3.0tdi
I'm actually pretty happy now as my power curve is very smooth and the torque figures are pretty good and with a proper remap it can only get more. At least i know now that i can get more power as i'd of never have known otherwise.

clio 182
I was thinking about bring mine. Good job I didn't as I broke down in scunny. Bloody miss firing! Sounded like an impreza for the day!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

Still very interest in what my 182 makes with a itg filter n unsilenced ktec zorst.

When's the next one!?

Probably a while now, turnout for this one was fairly low, maybe 6 months ish?

You can go anytime though and do a run :)

Da

Less
I'll start the list, please put forum name and a brief list of your mods...

1. Da - 181.7bhp - Yozza exhaust, V6 induction kit, Schrick cams and RS Tuning live map.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is up on last year which may be down to the JMS induction?

Some people are suggesting it may work better with a live remap.

1. Da - 181.7bhp - Yozza exhaust, V6 induction kit, Schrick cams and RS Tuning live map.
  2. Mike - 174.1bhp - Yozza cat-back and JMS Induction

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Hi Guys,

Strange to hear of the losses from our kit that your reporting, I assume the before results are not from the same day?

When we put the kit together it was tested on Tom's 182 at Torque of the devil back to back against the standard airbox (http://www.torqueofthedevil.com ) It was a completely independent test to rule out any fixing of the results, We've seen good gains time & time again & we both run the kits on our own cars. What about your mid-range power/torque compared to the standard set-ups?

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
No gains from the V6 JMS induction kit. Mine 'lost' 0.1bhp.

As above, Unless test were back to back against standard set-up I'm finding it hard to believe.

Da - 181.7bhp - Yozza exhaust, V6 induction kit, Schrick cams and RS Tuning live map.

Seems a low reading for Schrick cams, I've seen high 180's low 190's on lightly tuned cars

As above, Unless test were back to back against standard set-up I'm finding it hard to believe.

Seems a low reading for Schrick cams, I've seen high 180's low 190's on lightly tuned cars

When i had mine down at rstuning a month ago, mine pulled 162bhp and that with the induction setup and matched inlets, then pulled 172bhp after the remap

Da

Less
James - I'm not bothered either way really whether it added any bhp or not - I was merely posting up my findings much the same as you have.

I can post before and after graphs for you to compare if you so wish?

I think the "same day" theory is a non-starter to be fair as that would suggest that with it not being tested on the same day that Pauls rollers are ~10bhp a drift?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think the JMS kit does make the car better to drive, even if graphs and peak figures are similar, once on the road it does seem to be more torquey.

Da

Less
No Dean, my last RR was 29th of Jan and I ran 181.8bhp with OE airbox and ITG panel.
Yesterday with the JMS setup it ran 181.7bhp.

Golf GTD Mk7
jenic said:
Mine is up on last year which may be down to the JMS induction?

Some people are suggesting it may work better with a live remap.

[*]Da - 181.7bhp - Yozza exhaust, V6 induction kit, Schrick cams and RS Tuning live map.
[*]Mike - 174.1bhp - Yozza cat-back and JMS Induction
Jonny - 177.1bhp, 156lbft - btb, inlets and modded cat

This is what I meant Daz ;)

BMW M5 & E36
The claimed 12bhp gain for fitting a V6 airbox is laughable really. Some mixed results that's for sure. What did yours run before the Schricks Daz?

Not a lot I can say about the various results people were achieving, but don't be so fast to blame the kits please.

As we tried hard to stress the kits were tested totally back to back to ensure accuracy. If you don't believe the results please phone Chris @ TOTD and ask him - he took the power runs: 01895 206777 - he would be more than happy to stand by the figures his RR provided. Both myself, James & Danny were surprised at the results the kit can achieve.

Output wise every car is different, we have worked on quite a number of 182s for instance; every one begins with a different initial output - post RS Works (inlets, airbox & remap) they all end up at about 180-183 if they are healthy & decatted. (All the before and afters are taken on the same RR, on the same day)

What this equates too is that some cars are more susceptible to tuning than others. Some gain over 12bhp to reach that figure, others as little as 5bhp at peak. As a bench mark I have never seen a car with that unit on it make more than 183bhp ATF if it is near standard - so if your car was already performing at 178bhp for instance I would only expect it make a few more BHP. In the example of our 182 it was a 160bhp as standard (which as you know is low) - the airbox & other modifications can raise it (and other cars to a common bench mark) - but not beyond. Maybe this needs to be reworded in the product description?

An induction setup will de-restrict a cars intake for improved charge density, but the mapping can also render that ineffective, Da your car was already providing 180ish BHP & it hasn't reacted to the airbox yes (although as already explained it is at the figure I would expect for a near standard car) but on the other hand I would (as James has pointed out) of expected it to be producing considerably more power than it is so something may need addressing - on the other hand every car is different - this may be the figures your car will produce in its current state of tune.

I hope that makes sense, any questions fire away.

Last edited:

Da

Less
I agree Tom, as I said I'm not overly fussed either way.

But to pick up on your last point, we thought the standard reading of 172 was quite low too, so immediately I had the cam timing checked. This was found to be spot on so I've just accepted that it is what it is.

I know people making high 180's - low 190's with Schricks - guess it just isn't meant to be on mine :(

Why was your 182 so low @ 160 Tom?

Last edited:
Good I hope it makes sense. James & I stand by the stuff we sell as it represents us at the end of the day.

I have no idea mate, my car was a slow one from the word go - buyers luck I guess (I think you would be hard pushed to persuade the selling party to let you RR the car before buying it!)

In complete contrast on the same rolling road standard 182's turn up and produce 175 from the word go. Every engine & the performance it achieves is different - that's the joy of our job :clown:

Da

Less
Yeah totally - buyers luck :(

I know basically standard 182's were making 166 ish yesterday so mine at 172 seems actually quite good ;)

340i
Seems to be very much pot luck with 1*2's

When I went to RStuning earlier in the year my ph-1 172 pulled 187.4bhp and that is only with:

AWT matched inlets
Yozzasport race exhaust system
ITG panel filter (standard PH-1 airbox)
RStuner grp N. cal

Where as other cars with around about the same "mod's" where making 170bhp - 178bhp?!

this may be a silly statement, but I suppose it could do with the way the cars have been treated over the years.. for the last 35K my has had death daily and seems to just feel quicker and quicker.

That's very high gray!

We have a 172 cup running similar bits and bobs from us apart from a homemade filtration setup/battery relcation etc that always gets around 184bhp & 167lb/ft - total monster to drive - makes my car feel like a 1.6 in contrast.

On another note I have edited the Induction setup thread based on the feedback you guys have provided with the intention of making the kits function a little clearer. :)

Last edited:
  340i
Indeed, Paul looked at me quite shocked and then went on to say "what cams are you running" LOL..

But I assured him they where completely standard :)

He said it was one of the strongest engines he had ever seen!

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrWNGuICwvA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrWNGuICwvA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

My car is from 7:32 onwards, but the ph-1 previous to mine with around about the same mods only produced 161.8bhp