ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official Bedford to CSS Convoy and chat thread!!!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Thinking ahead, on the way back from duxford, anyone fancy stopping at deadmans cross for a curry,
Good indian restaurant there, that would be able to fit possibly all of us at short notice!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
The name of that village always creeps me out, why would you call a village that?? but yeah me and my passenger would be up for that

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Right I go away tomorrow until the Friday before CSS!
The plan is as follows.
Meet at go outdoors on Norse road at 9.15am, for a 9.30 departure.
If your not there. We will be gone!
Following Olis b-route! So should be a decent drive down there!
See you then everyone!

i'm no ,longer going CBA and also on the House hunt for back in the North East as just waiting my start date at a new job , have a good 1 tho lads

I will know on Thursday if I am making it to CSS as my car is down with James and mike in Staines getting an rs2 fitted amongst other things. The reason I dont know if the car will be ready is my replacement engine was supposed to be delivered on Thursday 13th but its not turning up until tomorrow afternoon (the 18th) so you can see they have their work cut out for them, although they are going to try their best to get it sorted in time.
No Clio no CSS, not driving over in a Chevrolet spark :dead:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I will know on Thursday if I am making it to CSS as my car is down with James and mike in Staines getting an rs2 fitted amongst other things. The reason I dont know if the car will be ready is my replacement engine was supposed to be delivered on Thursday 13th but its not turning up until tomorrow afternoon (the 18th) so you can see they have their work cut out for them, although they are going to try their best to get it sorted in time.
No Clio no CSS, not driving over in a Chevrolet spark :dead:

When Mike gets started on an important job for an event he just doesnt stop till its done IME, even if its 4am the next day when he finishes like with Tims Megane for lemans last week, so fingers crossed you will be ok!

I spoke to James earlier today and they did say him and Mike are willing to put in some hours to try to get it ready in time. Lots to do on it. Old engine is out so they have belts and dephaser to do on new engine, new clutch and gearbox oil, disks and pads up front, rear pads, fit rs2 get rs2 mapped so fingers crossed. If it is ready in time I'll be turning up to collect it with a big crate of beer for Mike and James.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is that whats forecast? Ffs lol doubt I'll bother if it looks like the weather going to be crap.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
At least Duxford has plenty to do if we do have to hide from the rain all day.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
To he honest, going by recent weather forecasts it could be bright sunshine by the time we get to Saturday. They never seem to get it right.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Debating whether to wash the 182 tomorrow evening. Probably get rained on in the process and filthy by the time I get to Bedford on saturday. Bloody British summer

Debating whether to wash the 182 tomorrow evening. Probably get rained on in the process and filthy by the time I get to Bedford on saturday. Bloody British summer

Same thinking as me, after i have to go to Renault tomorrow for a new key and get bent over for the £200!!! im being charged, i shall be washing the car rain or shine... :/

Clio 182
I might join you guys. It does mean driving 20 minutes in the wrong direction for me though so it depends on what time I wake up.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Same thinking as me, after i have to go to Renault tomorrow for a new key and get bent over for the £200!!! im being charged, i shall be washing the car rain or shine... :/

Unlucky mate!

Think I'm taking mine to Finedon car wash tonight.

Well I will know later today if I'm traveling up with you guys or heading to Duxford from Staines.
My Clio is on the RR this afternoon for remap, all depends what time its finished. James and Mike really pulled the stops out to get the car ready, as of 4pm Wednesday The replacement engine was still in its donor car they managed to get engine out, change belts and dephaser, change clutch, fit rs2 manifold and fit new engine in my car. Got a text at midnight last night to say the car is running!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
My brother was kindly going to wash my car this afternoon.

Being the t**t I am, I set the alarm before I went to work, and then took the only alarm fob I have with me to work with all my keys.

Dirty car for me then!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I just shot to kempston self clean!
Still looks s**t, and probably a waste of money by the time we get there

Really think you bedford boys should meet us at fourwentways if your not? its literally 5minutes away from Duxford and would be good to get the whole EOE lot together for once :p

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Really think you bedford boys should meet us at fourwentways if your not? its literally 5minutes away from Duxford and would be good to get the whole EOE lot together for once :p

What do we reckon Bedford boys?
Oli can we make the stop along our route. Lol ?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Had to park my car in a car park next to some gypsys. Will report back with whether I still have a car to come with tommorow!

It is at least washed now. Only took 30 mins

Plus I don't mind meeting if its possible.

Ph1 172 (titanium)

What time would you be looking to meet Dan? We will be duxford way around 10.20 I imagine!