ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil change woes

Clio 182
Hi all,

Bought my 2nd 182 last weekend belts done about 20k ago ect good service history. I wanted to change the oil for piece of mind so bought Elf 5-40. Just changed the oil but couldnt get the filter off with the tool that I have (i know ) Going to my brother's garage Monday as he has a better tool. Topped the new oil back up, checked the levels ect, but now the car makes a really loud tapping sound and a stop light flashed on the dash on the 5 mile drive home? Car was warmed up prior to driving back. I'm not mechanically minded at all so woukd really appreciate any help!

Jack

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So you didn't change the filter?
You did refit the sump plug before filling up with new oil right?

Clio 182
No I couldn't get it off with oil filter plyers! Yeah sump plug went back in with the new washer and i havent leaked any oil on the drive home. Waiting for it too cool down and i'll check the levels again.

Try your washer jets and see if any Oil comes out.

You sure you filled the engine back up and not the screenwash?
Knocking isn't good

Clio 182
If it helps there is now oil in the vacum line off of the air box there wasnt before. At the same time i cleaned the air filter with a k and n kit following their instructions.

Clio 182
I'm worried i might of knocked a sensor by the oil filter is there something there that might cause a tapping?

Clio 182
Sorry to bombard the thread. Throttle body wines when ignition is turned on, changes pitch when pressure is applied to the throttle body valve and doesnt stop could this be it?

Clio 182
Yeah was two thirds up between the markers. Should the wine carry on for the entire time the ignition is turned on? I thought it usually goes off after a few seconds?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just for future reference, you can knock a screwdriver into the filter and tap it round to get it off. It's just a bit messy. Then just put the new filter on as tight as you can by hand, doesn't need to be mega tight.

Clio 182
Just moved the car on the drive, stone cold and couldnt hear anything,sounded like normal? Missed these little french gremlins

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sorry to bombard the thread. Throttle body wines when ignition is turned on, changes pitch when pressure is applied to the throttle body valve and doesnt stop could this be it?

Never apologise for questions. Most of my 32k posts are questions and stupid comments. :)