ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olympus E500 telephoto lens

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
My mum has just bought an E500 and wants to know what is a good telephoto lens, think she's got a 17.5-45mm that came with it.

Olympus lenses are f***ing expensive generally beside the two 'kit' lenses: http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat19.html

So the Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5 is probably the only choice on a budget, not sure what third party lenses work with the E system but Sigma/Tamron/Tokina may do some better value lenses.

Remember the small sensor gives a x2 crop...

1.8 Civic EX
I got a sigma 55-200 for my e400 (four thirds fit)

tis very good, great zoom but I wouldn't call it telephoto tho

1.8 Civic EX
you sure??

zoomed right in on the moon...no cropping or anything and I get this...

P9250471.gif

while I'm at it...anyone know what this red dot is? I assume another planet...it's on a few of my moon pics...(I drew the box round it! lol)

P9250472copy.gif

Last edited:
hmm lets compare

You have a 400mm field of view and I have 280mm x1.6 = 448mm field of view (oops I thought you had more before I did the maths :eek: lol)

Thinking some more, can't compare the size of the moon either as yours shoot 4:3 and mine 3:2 oops

IMG_9665-1.jpg

And the red dot is a 'hot pixel', give it a google, its common on long exposure shots.