ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open pit lane-Knockhill- 1st September

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As the title says really, they are running two 2 hour sessions as open pit lanes. Max of 50 cars per session.

£50 for one session, £80 for both
£25 for an extra driver for one session, £40 for both

Superb value imo. Right, list time.

Morning.

1. Djw John
2. .Gaz.
3. Frazjam
4. Deek1182
5. Dan.G
6. Swede Cup

Afternoon

1. Djw John
2. .Gaz.
3. Frazjam
4. Deek1182
5. Dan.G
6. Swede Cup

sponge is going to do 1 probably but dunno which one. If you're interested then call Knockhill on tel:01383 723337 and ten add your name to the list once you've booked.

Last edited:

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I'll get myself on this when im back on the mainland! Need to give the 5 a good run out now its set up :)

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
The 5's booked into wallace performance next week for alignment to finally get rid of the ridiculous camber so it might actually go straight through corners! lol

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Excellent at least it wont just be me constantly being passed by the clio's then lol

172 Cup, CRV
Stupid question - open pit lane meaning you can go on and off as you please for each 2 hour session?

​Just checking before i book!

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Is it definitely open pit? KH website has it as 2 hot hatch sessions? Will be along either way just wondered where you had seen it as open pit.

172 Cup, CRV
When I phoned up to book I got told it will depend on numbers how it works but I'm assuming with a 50 car limit its gonna work out more track time than normal anyway. At least I hope it does!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
50 car limit is ok. We recently done a 30 car OPL and the track was empty most of the time.

FF Racing Blue 182
After watching yous on Sunday at knockhill i would love to do this.....however i don't want to kill my daiy drive just yet

Clio 182 Trophy
I really want to start doing these at knockhill, but I've never raced on a track before and I'm scared about just being thrown in at the deep end. Ill be the d**k holding everyone up!

It really is a piece of piss guys

If you don't want to go jump in at the deep end, book up for the driver tuition (performance sriving course) they do, you use your own car and go round with an instructor!

Easy way to start off!

Clio 182 Trophy
It really is a piece of piss guys

If you don't want to go jump in at the deep end, book up for the driver tuition (performance sriving course) they do, you use your own car and go round with an instructor!

Easy way to start off!

​Yeah, I looked into doing one of these just to get my confidence up before I do any track days.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
​Yeah, I looked into doing one of these just to get my confidence up before I do any track days.
Once you get a couple of laps under your belt, you'll wonder what all the worry/stress was about. You'll get the bug and never look back.

Clio 182 Trophy
Haha I know! It's just taking the first plunge. I'll need to get some decent rubber before I do anything though.

I'm sure you guys are all nice and forgiving gents :)

Haha I know! It's just taking the first plunge. I'll need to get some decent rubber before I do anything though.

I'm sure you guys are all nice and forgiving gents :)

You are much better to go out on standard road rubber to start off, learn the track, learn the car and learn the correct smooth lines, then upgrade to some semi slicks,