ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint on valver question

ive got a 449 sports blue valver and noticed that its got loads of very very fine scratch marks in the lacquer all over,all going the same direction (front to back) maybe caused by cash wash???,not me must be previous owner.

does anyone else have this problem?does anyone know a possible cure?

thanks

costly yet it would solve the problem - respray. Depends how noticeable it is though mate. If its one of those little niggly things thats always on the back of your mind you may want to think about a respray?

im not gona keep it much after the end of this year so dont want the expense of respray

was wondering if it could be compounded??theyre really fine

Around what price would a respray cost ? And damo can u tell me if your clio is the same colour as mine,ill post a pic below

Thanks RicH

its hard to tell from pic mate they made to blues similar colour(monaco blue)

and 449 sports blue (mine)

i looked at the vin plate under bonnet it doesnt actually say COLOUR 449

its just got the number on its own its either 432 monaco or 449 sports blue

Can you get it re-laquered?, think they just sand the laquer to smooth out scratches then apply as many coats of laquer as you want, prob cheaper than a respray.

ok cheers damo ill go have a look at mine , i think its 449 sports blue tho as i sprayed the door trims yesterday using monaco blue , but it seemed a diffrent color !

just checked and mine is 449 sports blue ! no wonder the monaco blue looked diffrent , do halfords sell 449 sports blue ?

But im sure a good garage could mix some up and get a good match ! mine is goin in the garage on tuesday to get a new door fitted and sprayed and the off side rear 1/4 is gettin sprayed , so they best make a good job of it !!

not bad price , but my rear quater has a dent and a nasty scratch , so they gotta sort that out too ;],and fit the new door and change the glass over and mirror ect.

but sometime in the near future im gonna get my front bumper and bonnet sprayed , apart from that the rest of the car is mint !

ps,sorry i keep posting again and again when i could just fit it in one post lol , i forget stuff and have to post again , althought i just realised i could actually edit the post :p

gettin a respray is a excessive option when u can get ya car moped for about 50 quid and it will take em all out.

we do it at our bodyshop, basically u put G3 compound all over the car (an abrasive polish) and then take it off with a buffing machine, i did it on my white RT b4 i started the makeover and it brought it up like it came outta the factory, pm me for more details

The bottom of my front bumper is peeling , so i dont think t-cut is gonna do sh*t to help that lol and my bonnet is rather stone chipped :(

silver valver/hybrid

im having my car fully sprayed soon (it really needs it!) and every quote ive had is between £1500 and £2000.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Im using chip stick for my bonnet chips cause u know they will re-appear in the winter, just using coulor magic plus polish to re-move the swirling scratches and having bumper resprayed to solve water causing paint to peel.

Quote: Originally posted by derv on 05 May 2003

im having my car fully sprayed soon (it really needs it!) and every quote ive had is between £1500 and £2000.
thats about right

in total we charge about £2000 for a respray

halford have a machine to mix up any colour you like if you know what it is. not sure how big a quantity they can do mind. i had some for my black pearlescent.