ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint shop blackpool

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Anyone know any good paint shops in the Blackpool area? Just backed into a metal sign tonight and just caught the drivers rear of the car, most of the damage look like it will buff out but will need a touch of paint so would like somewhere good and that will do a good price as will be looking at getting the whole bumper re-sprayed so it doesn't look odd.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Bodytech in bispham have done a couple of bits for me and I've never had an issue, not the cheapest pricewise but a decent job.

jakehamer1994

North West - North
thanks @Knuckles but i'm working round the corner from where Paul suggested today so if they still open when i finish i plan on popping up and getting a quote cant get it done till Wednesday/Thursday anyway till i get paid, just annoyed that i did it and want it sorted soon as

jakehamer1994

North West - North
@Paul.M Not sure if went right place mate, went down Wakefield Road but couldn't see any signs for a place called bodytech just some white garage on the left that had sign saying bodywork repairs. Anyway rang the bell and some old chap come out said he fully booked for couple of weeks and I'm looking around the 150 Mark. Did I go to the right place? There was a big garage doing tyres next to it?

@jakehamer1994 - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Wakefield Rd, Blackpool FY2/@53.8503642,-3.0333245,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487b4368008100c3:0xda6e112aa4bf00ab

Usually has a blue van and car outside with Bodytech written all over them, they are on the left as you drive down Wakefield raod, maybe just over halfway down there. I'm sure it has a sign outside above a roller shutter door and a small door with a metal security gate infront of it.Not sure about a garage next to it doing tyres, there is a garage further down Wakefield Road but I wouldn't say it's next to it.

Took my car there for some work a while ago, the guys explain how they will sort it, do a good job and are reasonably priced too. I had a crack in my bumper repaired, painted and blended into the original paintwork. This photo Paul got the other night shows exactly the bit that was repaired and I can't tell the difference. It's the bit where the bumper meets the wing:

15794904374_2047304cd2_s.jpgIMG_5281 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Thanks @Ade182 yeah defiantly went down the right street then, didn't see any vans though but it was about 5.20 when I got there. There was like a garage at the very end and then saw a sign saying bodywork repair so thought that was the one spoke to a guy probs in his 60's and they had a few cars in the garage and he said they made busy for a few weeks so couldn't fit me in. I will give them a ring tomorrow and double check then as if they can do it will take it there tomorrow if not I work on cornford road and there is a paint shop on there next door to mototune heard they good but bit pricey.

When I take it in I will see how much extra it will be to get front grill sprayed black as its faded and get the engine painted black and the cover sprayed in blue to match the car and make the engine bay a bit nicer to look at

Bodytech guys are no older than 45 mate so will have been the wrong place. At 5:20 they will have probably packed up for the day so get there a little earlier next time. I deffo recommend them though mate!

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Rang them up mate said they were booked up for a few weeks so took it down to Lytham road to a guy I know who has done some good work for me before. Plus by letting him doing it I get trade price so got the bumper all sorted and painted and also 1 alloy refurb for the total of £120. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning so will take some pics of bumper and wheel and post up later tomorrow so you can see .