ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paypal, Ebay and stupid seller issue!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

A while ago I sold some old car parts on eBay at the start of august, everything was fine until around the last friday, when the buyer of an exhaust system started a "non received" case against me, immediately the selling price of £300 was taken from my paypal so I couldn't access the funds (annoying). the buyer is claiming that he has not had the items but has been to his local UPS depot to check if the goods were there (funny as I didn't tell him how I despatched it). any ways to cut a long story short there has been emails back and forth to which I am telling him I no longer have the collection references that I was given when I dropped the goods off but he isn't having it. A week has passed now and he has not said anything for 2 days but the paypal funds have been released back to me. the case on eBay is still open though.

I am not sure where I stand, am I safe to use the paypal funds or are they liable to take it away again if he keeps pushing. I am annoyed at myself that I didn't hang onto the tracking references, I have told the guy that I have tried talking to UPS but they are unable to help, as well as going back to the shop where I dropped the goods they no longer have any information either.

not sure what to do!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you cannot find the tracking number to prove he's received it, then I'd say you're stuffed. He's likely just waiting for the end of the dispute to escalate it, though if you've had the money back he may have cancelled the dispute? I'd doubt it though tbh.

Did you not send him the tracking number when you posted it? Or add it to the item? Always do that!! Even if you don't save the message, it'll be there for eBay to say if they make a case.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Find that confirmation. It's the only thing that could stop your pants being pulled down. eBay nearly always side with the buyer, it's so frustrating as a seller.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i sell quite alot of car parts on ebay and have been rogered once or twice, even if you had the delivery confirmation paypal dispute will always go in the buyers favour due to the fsa rules as it's easier for them to shaft you than say no to them and they are less likely to get themselves in trouble (with fsa) , how far away is the guy who bought it? i have been on a 2 hour drive before and knocked on their door and pointed out the parts on their car that they haven't received , it's worth the drive if you know you have been shafted.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant see anything to say that the dispute has been cancelled, it just seems strange that paypal has returned the money to me yet the situation hasn't changed, I don't know how it all works but would have thought the funds would be held until the buyer is happy?

I have used eBay for many years now and I guess I have been lucky enough to not have a situation like this. I haven't got any paperwork relating to it either anymore! I am so annoyed with myself.

Typical that it happens with the most expensive item too, could be an expensive lesson to learn. The thing that gets me though is how did he know it was UPS when I didn't tell him anything, there hasn't been no communication what so ever until a month later!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
I'm sure you should be able to review the case details in the resolution centre on paypal, it should show what the buyer or paypal have decided.
With the funds back in your account though, sounds as though it's been resolved in your favour :)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
How can you not have any postage confirmation? ?

No email confirmation? Seriously?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph2 172
Every UPS parcel is tracked and signed for even standard items, if you dropped the parcel off contact the UPS depot you used and ask them if they still have the tracking number on record (starts with 1Z), if so log onto the UPS site and use the tracking number to get verification where it went.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
ring the courier they will log post code details etc can track it if paypal have refunded the money looks he could ve seen as a scammer you can also ring paypal from home phone ask for claims dept explain the situation but yes ring ups asap m8

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph2 172
Every UPS parcel is tracked and signed for even standard items, if you dropped the parcel off contact the UPS depot you used and ask them if they still have the tracking number on record (starts with 1Z), if so log onto the UPS site and use the tracking number to get verification where it went.

Just re-read the OP, the shop won't hold the information but the depot will still have it on their system. Or alternatively contact his local depot and try to sweet talk one of the office workers into looking into it providing his name and address. Both collection and delivery depots will still have the parcel on their systems.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep on top of my emails, I delete stuff I no longer need (or believe not too). I got in touch with UPS but they said they couldn't check for me but if what you are saying is try Ill call again tomorrow!

Last edited:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
as above then i would ring paypal makes a big diff speaking to someone, has saved me when ive been done up by scammers many times

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph2 172
Try and explain your situation the best you can, i think it may be easier to contact the delivery depot as the collection depot won't care as much as the parcel has been collected and transported from their care. The delivery depot will still have a duty of care for the parcel, you can even try and see if you can get hold of the driver for that area and see if they recall what has happened. But first and foremost try and contact the delivery depot (the buyers local UPS depot)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Try and explain your situation the best you can, i think it may be easier to contact the delivery depot as the collection depot won't care as much as the parcel has been collected and transported from their care. The delivery depot will still have a duty of care for the parcel, you can even try and see if you can get hold of the driver for that area and see if they recall what has happened. But first and foremost try and contact the delivery depot (the buyers local UPS depot)

Considering how long ago this was, I very much doubt he'll get any info from UPS without a tracking/consignment number and he certainly won't have any luck with a driver who probably delivers 100+ parcels per day.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about anyone else but I would be asking where the item was say a week later, not a month and a half later. Ill try again with UPS, and go through to the delivery depot this time, see if that gives me any joy. Like above I am hoping it has already been seen in my favour as the funds have been returned, it was a shock finding paypal -£300

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
whats his feedback left by sellers m8 gives indication sometimes who ur dealing with

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  PH2 172
Hello all,

A while ago I sold some old car parts on eBay at the start of august, everything was fine until around the last friday, when the buyer of an exhaust system started a "non received" case against me, immediately the selling price of £300 was taken from my paypal so I couldn't access the funds (annoying). the buyer is claiming that he has not had the items but has been to his local UPS depot to check if the goods were there (funny as I didn't tell him how I despatched it). any ways to cut a long story short there has been emails back and forth to which I am telling him I no longer have the collection references that I was given when I dropped the goods off but he isn't having it. A week has passed now and he has not said anything for 2 days but the paypal funds have been released back to me. the case on eBay is still open though.

I am not sure where I stand, am I safe to use the paypal funds or are they liable to take it away again if he keeps pushing. I am annoyed at myself that I didn't hang onto the tracking references, I have told the guy that I have tried talking to UPS but they are unable to help, as well as going back to the shop where I dropped the goods they no longer have any information either.

not sure what to do!

This guy is either a c**t in search of a scam,or a mad terrorist.UPS will not accept packages at the depot door for cash.Only prepaid items through as an account holder,ID proven,or a trusted sub con,such as Interparcel,who validate their clients credentials.Parcels must be submitted with a consignment number with full address label generated online.,and its all recorded

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
hes a scammer mate 100% read that guide ring them asap tomz and ppal how far is he from u if that was me yes u have petrol costs you could see it fitted on the car if he aint miles away,you should be fine with ringing ups though they are a huge courier service who as above would not just leave it at the door withought signature etc

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hes a scammer mate 100% read that guide ring them asap tomz and ppal how far is he from u if that was me yes u have petrol costs you could see it fitted on the car if he aint miles away,you should be fine with ringing ups though they are a huge courier service who as above would not just leave it at the door withought signature etc

I will, been looking at the paypal payment page and it says "

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
03 Aug 2014Payment From Christopher Hudson Completed Details£300.00 GBP-£14.90 GBP£285.10 GBP
Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
28 Aug 2014The funds that were placed on temporary hold are now available for use Removed Details-£300.00 GBP£0.00 GBP-£300.00 GBP
7 Sep 2014Update to Reversal Cancelled ...£300.00 GBP£0.00 GBP£300.00 GBP

Name:eBay Buyer Dispute
Total amount:-£300.00 GBP
Fee amount:£0.00 GBP
Net amount:-£300.00 GBP

Date:28 Aug 2014
Time:01:13:13 BST

Subject:eBay Buyer Dispute has just sent you £300.00 GBP with PayPal

He is about 2nd half hours away from me, I'd go down if I had the time! what do you make of the above?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
yes ebay have refunded u the money contact them aswell m8 tomz by phone to d check but yes the money has been returned to u