ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People from near Newark (notts) when is the next CS meet up that way?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
After the first house we were first looking at falling through, we've finally managed to exchange contracts on a different one and will be moving next week (eeekkk, not fully packed yet and working in london till friday! going to be a busy weekend) to just outside newark on trent.

Are there many meets in that area? (or within an hours drive at least)

Looking forward to getting to know a few of you, especially if any of you are builders, LOL.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You should ask to have this thread moved to the East Mids section Chip,
loads of cob eaters in there that are desperate for friends, Deeg, Symon, Toby, Harpham etc.

​They'll be glad to finally meet a normal human being
and not the toed mutant sister/cousins they're used to.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL @ Cobs, the mrs is always saying that, proper weirdos east mids folks.

Nice one Phil, will join up.

Turbo versus your lagmonster sounds like fun :)

Take it you boys up that way are into trackdays? Normally quite a bunch of us from the southwest whenever we go and its a lot more fun like that than on your own.

I wish there was more people up here doing trackdays!! - I'm doing Cadwell on Wednesday night with a few mates but I usually end up doing them on my own :(

Got a mate with a tuned EP3 and another lad with an EG civic running teg bits... but none of my mates are really into Clios
One of my good mates has a 240bhp 106 turbo which would be good fun on track with you

I wish there was more people up here doing trackdays!! - I'm doing Cadwell on Wednesday night with a few mates but I usually end up doing them on my own :(

Got a mate with a tuned EP3 and another lad with an EG civic running teg bits... but none of my mates are really into Clios
One of my good mates has a 240bhp 106 turbo which would be good fun on track with you

I'd come down but doubt I could drive that far at the minute.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Well you sound like the ideal bunch for me to go with when the honda engined clio is finished, lol.

Loads of tracks near by compared to where I am now, really looking forward to it.

Edition 30
I'm in Newark.
Not much happens here.
It's usually either a Notts or Lincs meet.

P.S Chip if you need to know any info feel free to ask.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm in Newark.
Not much happens here.
It's usually either a Notts or Lincs meet.

Those are both really close (we're used to 30 mile drives to local meets anyway coming from a ruralish area) to us, so that sounds ideal :)

Well you sound like the ideal bunch for me to go with when the honda engined clio is finished, lol.

Loads of tracks near by compared to where I am now, really looking forward to it.

Awesome

I'm fairly excited about you moving up here cos I'm still planning a boosted engine build end of summer.. be handy to have an expert 15mins away haha

172 Cup
I'm in Newark bud and have not long finished renovating my place, I can recommend a few good trademen if needs be.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Excellent rob. Will give you a shout if we need anyone as we are doing quite a lot of building work. We're splitting one big property into two semis so needs extra kitchen etc and doors moving about plus need some more parking/carport as only got 3-4 outdoor parking spaces and 3-4 inside garage spaces at the moment.

R14 CUP
I'm in Ollerton which is all of 10-15minutes from Newark.

Glad you've found somewhere after the problems with the house in Mansfield. :)

You're in cob country now, b**ch.

Keep your eyes peeled in our section for Notts meets. I'm pretty sure it's about time that I organised a CS vs Food challenge again...

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'm up for some more meets, can't remember the last one I came to actually

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont really mind where, so long as I dont have to drive too much more than an hour from newark, so basically anywhere in notts or derby or linconshire really.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The pub directly up the road from me sounds mint (so I don't have to drive at all) but I'm easy providing its on a night I'm not babysitting.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, indeed Mick that can be the trouble with these things, when everyone wants it on their own doorstep.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Newark is 30mins from me so im more than happy to travel that distance. Just not Stapleford woods as I hear dodgy s**t happens up there.

Yeah shame more didn't turn up on Sunday that said they would... but it was awesome meeting you

Maybe we could organise a Nottingham meet near Diamond Motors - would be good to meet Mick and it's only a short blast down the A46 for me :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds good to me :)

I will try and bulley the Williams lads (epic surname if you have a Clio lol) into coming over from Coventry too.

340i
Yeah shame more didn't turn up on Sunday that said they would... but it was awesome meeting you

Maybe we could organise a Nottingham meet near Diamond Motors - would be good to meet Mick and it's only a short blast down the A46 for me :)

I would have come over but beer and BBQ took priority :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So any idea of a venue yet for the next one? Would be good to meet some of the locals

So any idea of a venue yet for the next one? Would be good to meet some of the locals

Depends what most people are wanting to do, Food/Photos/Drive. I will organise something soon! (Will be on a weekend as it seems more people can attend)

Edit: I also put a thread up about go karting but only a few people replied so I'm guessing no-one is really interested in it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I personally think food is a better option of the two but whatever the majority go with, if she's not working nights, I'm in.