ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with rain sensor problems

2003 Clio 172
Hi gang,

I thought i would drop a bit of info in here that i hope will help some of you with poor performing auto wipers.

Mine have been utterly tripe since the minute i tool ownership of the car.

After a bit of searching, I found a product called Sensor Tack Ready Plus from a company called PMA, a particular kit of which is designed for our cars (3/4/13)

The kit is available from these gents http://www.jthandtools.co.uk/sensor...ck-ready-sensor-pad-type-3-4-13-silicone.html for about £30 delivered.

The kit contains a little diamond shaped pad and a tube of self curing gel that replaces the gel on our sensor which if you ask me, is terribly applied from the factory.

13360169.jpg

I did mine today and it took me around 30 minutes all in which included removing the old stuff and allowing the gel to cure.

When refitted, an absolute transformation......the way it was meant to work.

Seriously recommend this if there is anyone with auto wiper issues.

Hope it helps someone

Andy

2003 Clio 172
Just clean the old gel pad and use clear ibuprofen gel. Worked for me.

This is fine bud if you only have issues with the gel pad but the issue on mine was the base layer of silicone on the sensor that was crap.

I don't think IBU gel would fill that gap properly

My approach was to get it as close to done right as possible.

Of course if you have a sore windscreen then fill yer boots with IBU gel ;)

J

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi gang,

I thought i would drop a bit of info in here that i hope will help some of you with poor performing auto wipers.

After a bit of searching, I found a product called Sensor Tack Ready Plus from a company called PMA, a particular kit of which is designed for our cars (3/4/13)

The kit is available from these gents http://www.jthandtools.co.uk/sensor...ck-ready-sensor-pad-type-3-4-13-silicone.html for about £30 delivered.

The kit contains a little diamond shaped pad and a tube of self curing gel that replaces the gel on our sensor which if you ask me, is terribly applied from the factory.

View attachment 106486

I did mine today and it took me around 30 minutes all in which included removing the old stuff and allowing the gel to cure.

Hope it helps someone

Andy

Good spot !! Needs the thread moving to faults problems and solutions .

Hi gang,

View attachment 106486

Hope it helps someone

Andy

Thanks for this, bought and fitted at the weekend and working mint now :)