ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance spoiler/wing...

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Interested to know if anyone has fitted a spoiler/wing on their track/race cars especially for those running higher power. Something similar to the BYC one (pic below). Or does anyone have a link to any research done to see if it actually makes a big enough difference to performance. Thanks.
big%20ass%20wing_1.jpg

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I wouldn't exactly say it was pointless, but you will need a full aero package to complement it. Unless you have access to a wind tunnel or simulate it accurately then it's really trial and error approach, probably not worth the hassle unless you and the car are already at full potential.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm sure the boot would have to be fixed to the car properly for that to work properly.

If you fit it to a standard boot lid with a bit of flex I'm sure the wing will constantly be moving and some downforce produced would be absorbed by the damping of the boot hinges and rubber seals.

I like the idea of it though, it'll just take a lot of time and effort to get it working right

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm sure the boot would have to be fixed to the car properly for that to work properly.

If you fit it to a standard boot lid with a bit of flex I'm sure the wing will constantly be moving and some downforce produced would be absorbed by the damping of the boot hinges and rubber seals.

I like the idea of it though, it'll just take a lot of time and effort to get it working right