ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Blue No. 1 of 29

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Right, had the Full Fat PB for about a year now and thought it was about time I started a project thread (this is actually my 500th post too).

Unfortunately the Clio has been a bit of a slow burn due to working full time, rebuilding a 400 year old mud and stud cottage and trying to spend time with the family..

Bought my PB in July 2011 (ish). After looking at a ropey Trophy in Wales I called in at Birmingham on the way home to see a "green" Clio 182 and bought it then and there after agreeing to a cambelt change being included in the sale (if I paid £200 over the asking price).

It arrived looking like this:

DSC_1053.jpg

Unfortunately the Kia/Ford dealership had a go and made a mess of the cambelt. Luckily, Mick at Diamond Motors in Long Eaton sorted it out after finding the timing to be a nats nadger away from pistons and valves coming together. Mick fitted a brand new cambelt, tensioner, dephaser pulley, S/H pas pump, new aux belt and brimmed it with new oil. He also found the cam cover was leaking so removed it, cleaned and resealed it all within the job - really top bloke! (The dealer also paid the whole bill too).

So over to me...........

1st mods:

Alpine Headunit
DSC_1055.jpg

CS Tax disk holder
DSC_1050-1.jpg

I kept looking at the tatty looking bullets and decided to give them a makeover after sourcing some PB rattle cans from Autopaint St Helens:

Before:

DSC_0001.jpg

During:

DSC_0007.jpg

After:

DSC_0017.jpg

A couple of weeks later I managed to get a K-Tec racing panel filter, and a silicone induction hose.

First big modification I wanted to do was get some new wheels, so when some Trophy Turinis came up on CS I went for them but after someone on here photoshopped some silver ones onto a PB I knew they needed to be silver so had a go and resprayed them. Once shod with 205/45 R16 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s they were on!

I also picked up a cheap Cup splitter on the net.

I then organised a group buy to get a Scorpion RS192 which arrived a few weeks later and I fitted it up.

Just some Silver Vision Bulbs all round, a stubby aerial and clean plates from Fancy Plates including a 3/4 front one and the PB looked like this:

Petrolbluethreequarter.jpg

Petrolbluerear.jpg

Due to some (minor) melting I decided to get my steering wheel refurbed by Mikeyk18 on here. I bought another wheel from a member on CS who sent it directly to Mikey. He then recovered it, including new thumb grips, with leather to match the original with black stitching on the grips and a jade green thread on the rest of the wheel. The result is amazing and it instantly improved the interior and the feeling when driving.

The wheel:

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

I drove around happy for a while but decided to get a few more bits to improve the car further, taking a day off work I got busy and fitted the following:

DSC_0496.jpg

Including Pure Motorsport solid top mounts and strut brace:

DSC_0389.jpg

Fitted:

DSC_0531.jpg

Eibach Sportline springs (I live in the sticks and have a sloping drive so can't go too low)

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Whiteline rear anti roll bar:

DSC_0385.jpg

I also fitted a set of Eibach camber adjustment bolts, a new front bonnet seal, a silenced decat and a new pair of front ball joints.

During the work I found out that both of the front springs had snapped what looked like a long time before:

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

The rear setup:

DSC_0517.jpg

Despite the broken springs, the stance of the car definitely improved with a definite lowering at front and rear.

After all that was on I headed to The Nottingham Alignment Centre to set up the front with -1.5 degrees of camber and a smidge of toe, they measured -1.46 and -1.44 at the rear so it is pretty well balanced and it drives amazingly now, it is truly unstickable yet really comfortable too.

So that is where I am at at the moment but I have not finished yet.

I have just bought a pipercross cone filter (from a JMS RS2 set up) along with a 70mm Silicone 90 degree bend with some joiners to create an induction set up behind the passenger light. I am also going the order an RS tuner tomorrow to map the car.

I killed my splitter on my driveway so have got a Fabia one to fit until I get round to getting the drive changed and then getting another Renault cup splitter ordered. I've also got a boot net to go in.

The future plans are:

Front and rear spacers as the wheels are tucked too far into the arches for me
197 Renault sport badge
Matched inlets
Painted/polished engine bay
A genuine mat set
Dent master session
Colour coding of the dash strips and clock surrounds
Better speakers all round with some ampage and maybe a sub
Maybe get the front bumper and bonnet resprayed to make perfect
Some kind of brake upgrade (probably just Braided hoses, DS2500s and better disks) or I might look into the bigger caliper options
Beyond that I might look at cams, ITBs or RS2 or forced induction.......

I recently managed to get a contact at Renault to look at the import records and they found that mine was the first Petrol Blue to be imported to the UK so is essentially No. 1 of 29!

I think this is a definate keeper!

Comments welcome, thanks for reading this far!

Dean

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looking good, really like your bullets!! Might have to get something like that done, and I thought about the dash strips too.
Good find on yours being number 1, wonder what number mine is?!

PB Clio 172
Love this, the colour is so different not sure if I like or not.... yeah I do ! great to see a Clio so well turned out !

Clio 182
Awsome colour!
There are no petrol blue Clio's in the Netherlands.
:banghead:
Liquid Yellow only 2, Racing Blue only 2.
And in total only 47 RS182 Clio's!

There are more Bugatti Veyrons in the Netherland than RS182 Clio's in Dynamo Blue.
I have a VERY RARE car :rasp:

PB 182 (1 of 29)
petrol blue, f**king awsome colour in different lights

looking great ! whats next?

Just got the bits to make the behind light induction set up then going to order an RS tuner and map it. Also painting the dash strips, wheel insert and gear knob insert at the moment, will update when done!

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
love the car and the works you've done too, subtle but noticeble mods :) very very nice :)

I actually think you beat me to this car when I was looking for a clio sport last year, ended up getting a 172 cup..but now on a 182 cup :D

PB 182 (1 of 29)
This might be a stupid question, but how do you know this is 1 of 29? These arent individually numbered?
A contact within Renault who took my reg and vin and was able to prove that mine was the first one ordered in the UK and the first one imported and delivered out of the 29 sold in total.
Oh and we'll done for FINALLY putting up a progress thread!! :p
better late than never eh?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah I guess so, I'll let you off then. However I don't like your progress thread, because it makes me wish I could do more to mine! Also wish I could spray!!!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Yeah I guess so, I'll let you off then. However I don't like your progress thread, because it makes me wish I could do more to mine! Also wish I could spray!!!

Spraying is a piece of whatsit as long as you take your time and only attempt small areas!!

Am ordering a powder coating setup soon (just a DIY one) so I can tart up the engine bay too!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
love the car and the works you've done too, subtle but noticeble mods :) very very nice :)

I actually think you beat me to this car when I was looking for a clio sport last year, ended up getting a 172 cup..but now on a 182 cup :D

Thanks! I don't think they had it for long but I think the fact that it was down as a green one with no mention of the cup packs didn't help.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Very nice, needs pics of new stace!

Have taken a few to put up but my SLR saved them as Nikon RAW photos (nothing to do with me messing with the settings honest!!) so I need to install the Nikon software I downloaded last night to see them, will attempt to do tonight!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Have taken a few to put up but my SLR saved them as Nikon RAW photos (nothing to do with me messing with the settings honest!!) so I need to install the Nikon software I downloaded last night to see them, will attempt to do tonight!

Got photoshop?
My Nikon saves jpg and raw at the same time.

PB 182 (1 of 29)

really nice first time ive seen this colour..

I absolutely adore this car and all of the work you've put into it.

It is absolutely stunning, something to be proud of, nice one :).

Love the colour, plus the steering wheel!

Great job pal!

Very nice, needs pics of new stace!

Thanks, makes the scraped knuckles (and the nagging from the other half) worth while!!