ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 2 on 15” OZ F1 pic request

hi all I am thinking of getting 15” OZ F1 (phase 1) alloys on my 172 cup but I heard it doesn’t look good unless you’ve lowered the car.

Does anyone have a photo of a non lowered phase 2 on those 15” wheels?

The previous owner put Clio 182 wheels on my cup and I’m not keen on them

Edition 30
It looks daft, get it lowered.

Attachments

• OZ.jpg
    OZ.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 120
Oh that looks a lot worse than it did in my head! 😊 If I got those wheels I would definitely need to lower it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Wish apex were just better. I like the H&r but wish there were a touch lower.

New shocks with new apex springs, mad?

Edition 30
Apex look the part but break your neck over a grain of sand.
It's all about compromise. Improves the handling muchly.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Apex look the part but break your neck over a grain of sand.
It's all about compromise. Improves the handling muchly.
Indeed. They're absolutely shite on rough roads but look great lol. Apparently handle well on a smooth track though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
They are a great looking wheel, what will you be using the car for? I only ask as I wouldn't recommend them for road driving, they are on the noisy side and I think their are better alternatives out there and at a better price as well. They are full coilover all round though with height and damping adjustability so you can mess about to your hearts content if you fancy :smile:

They are a great looking wheel, what will you be using the car for? I only ask as I wouldn't recommend them for road driving, they are on the noisy side and I think their are better alternatives out there and at a better price as well. They are full coilover all round though with height and damping adjustability so you can mess about to your hearts content if you fancy :smile:

Very nice, wish mine looked like that. I have standard cup suspension and 182 wheels.

I don’t do track days but wouldn’t rule one out so my car is a daily driver (commutes, motorways and everything). I appreciate a B road blast though.

My main issue is that I work in the sticks so the roads are uneven and hugely bumpy with pot holes everywhere so I am tempted to keep the standard suspension setup as it’s quite decent. I also have a baby on the way which means race suspension is now pretty much out the equation lol.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Am running williams wheels at the minute, although might try the williams wheels on my Ph1 and put Oz F1's back on the cup

24335378868_b4d7e94b53_b.jpg

I have heard really good things about the Bilstein B14 suspension as a road setup although I haven't been in a car with it fitted as yet but that might be worth looking at depending on how much you fancy spending, I bought the Spax 2nd hand otherwise I probably would go for the Bilstein setup :up:

Am running williams wheels at the minute, although might try the williams wheels on my Ph1 and put Oz F1's back on the cup

24335378868_b4d7e94b53_b.jpg

I have heard really good things about the Bilstein B14 suspension as a road setup although I haven't been in a car with it fitted as yet but that might be worth looking at depending on how much you fancy spending, I bought the Spax 2nd hand otherwise I probably would go for the Bilstein setup :up:

Ah cool I’ve heard good things about those dampers before.

Love the Williams wheels, they really suit the 172!