ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request: Phase 1 interior, blue parts swapped for black parts

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Hi guys,

Does somebody have pictures of a phase 1 with no blue interior parts left exept for the carpet. The last would not be a requirement per se. Very anxious to see them and I haven't found some yet :clown:

Storyline:

As I stated before, I think the phase 1 interior is hidious. The blue parts are not an upgrade, but a downgrade imho... :star:
Not even to speak about the quality of the paint used to color the hand grabs and the middle part of the dash... The grabs can be repainted easily, but that awful part in the middle is frustrating.

I'm thinking about switching some parts from other editions, like the '99 RT / RXE which have dark accents. Combined with the phase 2 seats, it could just be a very nice result. The only thing blue would be the carpet, which is like a Williams kinda interieur and that was awesome. So the parts to be changed would be:

- Upper dash
- Steering column
- Speaker covers
- Doorhandles (not grabs)
- Possibly the gear gaitor

Changing the whole dashboard would be a little dull I think, since the silver painted part in the middle looks awesome when it's still mint.

Examples of a RT / RXE:

8191004106_2b99809f15_z.jpg

8191003994_be8f28d058_b.jpg

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
But then you'll be having grey door and a fully black dashboard. Better to have them too then...

Though... I don't think the selling price will improve if you do a dash conversion..

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Ph2 dash conversion is such an improvemet to the ph1! Heres my old ph1 172 -

9d510b6e.jpg

IMGP4814.jpg

Should defo do it ;)

Exige, M140i
Digging this old thread up but does anyone know what spec of Clio the black parts are from? I have a black dash in mine and the A pillars are flaking so need replacements.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Digging this old thread up but does anyone know what spec of Clio the black parts are from? I have a black dash in mine and the A pillars are flaking so need replacements.
Why not flock (just avoid Black Sheep flocking like the plauge)? Or is it OEM you are after?
I hated all the silver and blue parts in mine and removed all the blue trim, managed to spray (probably not the best) the middle vent black and got my dash, steering cowling flocked in black. As the flocked stuff in mine looks smart and not obvious that is isn't meant to be there, so OEM looking in a way.
I think people keep mentioning a "poverty spec 1.2" for some parts, so assuming it is one of the base models.

Exige, M140i
Why not flock (just avoid Black Sheep flocking like the plauge)? Or is it OEM you are after?
I hated all the silver and blue parts in mine and removed all the blue trim, managed to spray (probably not the best) the middle vent black and got my dash, steering cowling flocked in black. As the flocked stuff in mine looks smart and not obvious that is isn't meant to be there, so OEM looking in a way.
I think people keep mentioning a "poverty spec 1.2" for some parts, so assuming it is one of the base models.

I'm keeping to oem mate. I'll have a look for a 1.2. Thanks for your help!