ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my 172 today

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi all,
Just had an amusing trip to pick up an '02 Clio 172. I can't drive for at least the next four weeks due to breaking the scaphoid bone in my wrist so had to enlist a 'driver' to come with me and collect the car. It has a number of interesting little faults, which I have found solutions for most of already on the forum, the funniest being when my 'driver' stalled it at a roundabout and instinctively reached for the hazard lights which then wouldn't turn off so I had to hold the switch in for the next mile or so when having stopped it decided to turn off, a new switch has already been ordered.
I'm going to be using it as a trackday car, although I don't really see the point in stripping anything out yet, so will just fix the broken bits and enjoy it. I'll ask my questions in the appropriate sections.

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Forgot to say the car already has Cliosport stickers on it, so I guess one of the previous owners may still be on here.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi all,
Just had an amusing trip to pick up an '02 Clio 172. I can't drive for at least the next four weeks due to breaking the scaphoid bone in my wrist so had to enlist a 'driver' to come with me and collect the car. It has a number of interesting little faults, which I have found solutions for most of already on the forum, the funniest being when my 'driver' stalled it at a roundabout and instinctively reached for the hazard lights which then wouldn't turn off so I had to hold the switch in for the next mile or so when having stopped it decided to turn off, a new switch has already been ordered.
I'm going to be using it as a trackday car, although I don't really see the point in stripping anything out yet, so will just fix the broken bits and enjoy it. I'll ask my questions in the appropriate sections.

Welcome to the club mate.

Try and get along to our club annual weekend event www.cliosportfestival.net

Great weekend of track time, camping and boozing :up::beers:

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Aye sounds good, I'll see how my wrist goes, still haven't driven the clio more than a few meters on my drive. Am hoping from good news from the doc's next week.

Nil presently.
Aye sounds good, I'll see how my wrist goes, still haven't driven the clio more than a few meters on my drive. Am hoping from good news from the doc's next week.
Be extremely cautious with your scaphoid injury, especially if it hasn't been internally fixated. Any displacement of the fragments can be hugely problematic down the line, so don't jump the gun mate! Enjoy the vehicle when the time's right.

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Be extremely cautious with your scaphoid injury, especially if it hasn't been internally fixated. Any displacement of the fragments can be hugely problematic down the line, so don't jump the gun mate! Enjoy the vehicle when the time's right.

Aye I am, but thanks for the advice. I know a few people who have ended up with loads of hassle and long term problems following a scaphoid break. I also ride a motorbike and it's my right wrist so I really don't want to have any restriction of movement. Ended James Toseland's racing career... but he pulled Katie Melua so his luck didn't really run out :)