ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up the vee yday

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
further to http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194555

i picked it up yesterday.

put 200 miles on it already, really impressed with it. The pick up from 20 in 3rd then all the way up the gears is great. Absolutely 100% immaculate inside and love the comfortable driving position.

Cruise control not as guid as the clio as it doesnt tell you what speed its set at on the dash, but is still guid. For a vee im averaging 43mpg for the 200 iv done and iv been on a variety of roads with that, so pretty happy with that.

Bit of a tank to park, but bar that i love it, the vee is nice and smooth and the revs build nicely with a quality (can a diesel be that) engine note.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good stuff mate.

4motion?

nah just fron wheel drive, the 4 motion buses were petrol only. The audi a4 had the v6 with the 4 motion system, pah to that, just weighs it down

:rasp:

in gear i reckon it would at very very least stay level with a 172/182, due to the 370 Nm torque at 2200rpm

off the line isnt anything immense though.

Der Panzer
good stuff mate.

4motion?

nah just fron wheel drive, the 4 motion buses were petrol only. The audi a4 had the v6 with the 4 motion system, pah to that, just weighs it down

:rasp:

in gear i reckon it would at very very least stay level with a 172/182, due to the 370 Nm torque at 2200rpm

off the line isnt anything immense though.

It's not cheapass 4Motion in A4s be'atch! It's Quattro.

Never forget that.

Better than yours. C*nt.

Sorry, I just cried laughing.

My old man has a D5 S80 with similar torque and power, and it couldn't keep up if it's life depended on it - admittedly heavier than the 'Couldn'taffordanAudi' but you'd need a significant boost in power to manage it still IMHO...

Nice though, not to my taste but hey - if you like it, just don't turn into one of those idiots that thinks because they've got the bigger diesel engine they're the fastest thing on the road!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the judgements are based on the in gear and given i own both which you dont then i dont think there would be a problem keeping up.

370 Nm torque is a fair bit of shove. with remap it will be about 430 ish and circa 200bhp, so hardly rubbish!

lol at the couldnt afford an audi, there rubbish, ask Andy A4 :rasp:

as for the D5 units, theyv bags of torque as well.

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
the judgements are based on the in gear and given i own both which you dont then i dont think there would be a problem keeping up.

370 Nm torque is a fair bit of shove. with remap it will be about 430 ish and circa 200bhp, so hardly rubbish!

lol at the couldnt afford an audi, there rubbish, ask Andy A4 :rasp:

as for the D5 units, theyv bags of torque as well.

It depends, if you're in the same gear then yeah, no question - but then how many times does Mr Sales Executive who tries to race pull alongside and say "I'm in 4th, you're only allowed to be in 4th as well!"? He doesn't, you just drop it to 3rd and gun it - and I think it'll be done.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
perhaps, i had a bit of a blast against my mate in his remapped bora (150 to 190bhp )and it was close, albeit it never passed, he did keep up

off the line the clio wins by a country mile, no doubts on that one! ;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
another 100 miles under its belt, the 2-3k band is where its at.

dies on its erse at 4k, so no point in going beyond that. had some b road blasts and it was a bit more nibble, i must be getting used to her!!