ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE help me decide.

Suzuki SV1000S

Right this is the Latest:

1. I can go for Andys SMT6 Piggy Back system, Which I think is probably the Daddy of systems because it will cost £600. Which Im not sure is worth it on my car for the extra 1/2bhp I get onto top of an off the shelf chip, But not entirely out of question.

2. I have thought about R-sport chip alot as it is the cheapest of all the chips as is designed by R-sport, However r-sport themselves have said it makes hardly any difference on the mk1 172s and is not worth getting, Plus Nick at HP said there is a price increase but doesnt know how much yet was supposed to be £252inc Vat.

3. I have been told by quite a few people (and I have rung everyone I can find a number of that do ecu chipping/remapping etc for advise) That the Superchip is really good on the mk1 172s. So this leaves me with two options on this one. 1. I can travel Ilford and have a superchip done, and then tested on a rolling road, £375+Vat which is about £440, But this seems alot of money for a superchip really. Other option is with this Guy in South London, which is also near me that will Drive the car firstly to feel where the flat spots are, then download the mapping from my ECU, and Download mapping from the Superchip ECU for my car compare them, Upload the Superchip ECU and then make addition changes where he feels neccessary, He also said he can increase Rev limiter etc up to me! All this for only £295inv Vat and Fitting etc, Am tempted by this one at the mo.

So if anyone has had bad experiences with Superchips please let me know, Before I get this done, which hopefully will be tomorrow unless Andy finds away for me to afford his one!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Andy, because it can be mapped everytime you do something.

And he seems the only trustworthy tuner around.

Suzuki SV1000S

mmm Its just the price, Also Am not going to do anything else engine wise to the car, am happy with it now just need to sought out the lean problem and increase the torque a bit hehe.

Am saving for a skyline r34

Revels Mum & Sister

Go for Number 3.

Even if it dont increase the power majorly (which it probs wont) will make it more drivable fella. See if you can find more out about guy number 3.

If not then Number 1. As you never know you may do something to it one day as Thomas said

Suzuki SV1000S

Yeah am going for number three. Am going there in about 20mins so will let you know afterwards how it is. hehe.

Not going to do anymore engine mods after the chip, am saving for House/Skyline