ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help me with a sub question

I need a big load of bass in my system and was looking at a triple 10" sub enclosure by a company called Berolina

the subs are rated at a total of 1200w MAX / 600w RMS

They are connected within the enclosure to a single terminal. ie the negative terminal from the first sub is connected to the negative terminal of the second sub which is then connected to the negative terminal of the third sub and then to the box terminal. (Its the same with the positives)

What I want to know is what kind of amp/power output should I get to go with this?

Do I want a 2 channel amp? And does it make any difference that the subs are wired like this instead of each one to an individual channel?

I dont understand resistance or Ohms so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

id say a good quality monoblock for that if theyre parrelled inside as it may over heat a crappy amp. get a 1x600W.

yep a monoblock... but you will need one at least 600w rms and if you can get a amore powerfull one. i have 3 10" subs rated at 200w rms each but they bare duel voice coils and run them off a monoblock that is pushing 1000w rms although the gain is turned down on the amp it allows the subs to work at peak performance.

Luke

Cheers guys.

And where do I look for a monoblock amp pushing 600w rms minimum?

Rockford? I guess this will be v.expensive?

na any decent make, alpine, kenwood, pioneer, vibe, infinity etc.
as for where? your local ice shop (not halfords or les smith) somewhere decent.

By the way, would a 2 channel amp bridged be no good?

the only reason I ask is that I was looking at some of the new Legacy competition amps and they would match the chrome theme a treat. ALso they are damn good value for money.

thanks again for any help

silver valver/hybrid

you can look at some of the kenwoods and similar amps. I have a kenwood mono amp that runs at 600w at 4ohms and 1200w at 2ohms. You can get it on mail order for about 250 notes.

That is an extremely odd way of wiring three subs!! You need to have an amp which is 1-ohm stable, (assuming the subs are all the usual 4 Ohms) as youre effectively running 3 speakers in parallel over one channel if you buy a monoblock amp. Anything else and youll f*** the amp and the subs big style.

run them in sieries at 4ohms if the amp pushs around 600watts rms at 4ohms then there is no prob... getting a 1ohmstable amp is expensive and hot! i have 3 10s wired up running at 3.8ohms into the amp and the amp pushes out around 800w rms... (velocity burning desire) if you are interested they cost about£400-£500. not as good as rockford but better than kenwood or alpine.

Luke

Cheers for all the help guys.

I just measured my boot and realised that if I bought the Berolina enclosure that I was looking at, I would have about 5 cm of space left.

I think I am gonna ditch this idea and maybe just go for a double enclosure running from a good 2 channel amp.