ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plz be nice!!!

CTR
Hello guys and girls!!! I have just sold my Ctr pic below,

30032008049.jpg

I didnt want to sell but had to due to wanting to pay off my loan so i can start saving for my 1st home, Now is were i need the help thought about a clio 172 cup say 53 ish plate 30k miles roughly for about £5200 or possibe a 182 04 with simliar milage, what would you lot sugest? also whats this everyone says about the cambelt and AUX belt being very expensive? when is this due on both the above models?

Thanks people hope to get more well known on the forum over the coming months etc, be good to meet etc,

Shane:)

CTR
cheers guys what ur views with the clios what would you go for, also this cambelt issue is worrying me

Yozza'd Titanium 182
pmsl, i have to admit that made me laugh!

mate, i would rather have a 182 or a cup over ur old car any day... and i am "probabaly" not the only one

CTR

mate, i would rather have a 182 or a cup over ur old car any day... and i am "probabaly" not the only one

that aint what im saying mate, i had to sell my car to pay of my loan, i have enough left now my choices are a 182 or 172 cup, but im worried about this cambelt issue can someone please clear it up

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Costs wise, we just paid £6k for a '53 plate 172FF with 55k on the clock from a dealer, so you might struggle to get what you're after unless you go private.

172 Cup
Cambelt change at 5yrs or 72k, costs alot if you go through renault but you can find a decent mechanic that will do it for 3-4 hundred!! Nothing to worry about, you will prob find most performance cars need a belt change at similar age anyway, exept alot of cars cost alot more as it tends to be an engine out job.

You'd be making the right choice with a clio....lots of fun but this is a clio forum so most people will be slightly bias!!!

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff

that aint what im saying mate, i had to sell my car to pay of my loan, i have enough left now my choices are a 182 or 172 cup, but im worried about this cambelt issue can someone please clear it up
hi & welcome

aux belt kit @ 36,000 miles or 5 years approx £240 supplied & fitted on 182
cam belt kit @ 72,000 miles (& aux belt) or 5 years anything from £450 to £850 depends who you use
few threads on here at mo, with regards to belts etc, just hunt them down...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Costs wise, we just paid £6k for a '53 plate 172FF with 55k on the clock from a dealer, so you might struggle to get what you're after unless you go private.

wohhhhhhh how muchh???? i no a guy who had just bought an 03 plate 33k on the clock fsh cambelt done, he paid £3900

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
We spent ages and bought the best one we could, and I don't mind paying a little over the odds for what I think is a fairly decent car. Trust me, we looked at a lot of shi**ers for £4-£6k... Plus it had to be from a dealer, cos we couldn't offload our old dynamique onto someone privately. It was fu**ed.

172 Cup
We spent ages and bought the best one we could, and I don't mind paying a little over the odds for what I think is a fairly decent car. Trust me, we looked at a lot of shi**ers for £4-£6k... Plus it had to be from a dealer, cos we couldn't offload our old dynamique onto someone privately. It was fu**ed.

Same here, sooooooo many crap ones out there!! just a case of hunting the good ones down!!