ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Positive or Negative Earth?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Total noob question. Hate electrics and electronics.
Currently making a cold air feed light unit, and the side light bulb gets in the way. I have found these bulbs but they are asking for +ve or -ve earth, and either 6V or 12V. As it's from a classic car site I am assuming old cars were different to new ones.
http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/combined-side-and-indicator-bulbs-shop.php

Also what LED flasher unit? Presume a generic one off eBay?
I have the bulb holders saved in my eBay ready, just going to splice them in and modify the light unit to accept them.

Westy. MX5
+ earth went in the early '60's they are all - earth these days.
For LED indicator bulbs any Generic flasher will do but pay attention to the pin layout labelling, there are a few different versions and some can be swapped around by your good self, fiddly but it can be done. You can buy flasher relays that will work LED's only or another version will operate a mix of Led & normal bulbs so both options covered.