ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre wax cleanser needed in detail routine?

MON

titty cup'd 182
My detail method for the last few years has been to clay the car and then use Swissol paint cleaner fluid and then Swissol (now Swissvax) Onyx wax.

I have run out of the Swissol paint cleaner fluid, and thought other products may achieve a better finish. I am still more than happy with the Onyx wax.

For reference I have a Titanium 182 (hides swirls) and my other car is an Inky blue Passat (shows swirls). Application is via PC but I am no expert.

So after claying the car I have Menzerna IP or Sonus SFX 2 to try and correct any swirls if need be.

I want to try out using a sealant as well as the Onyx wax, so after the inital polish do I need a pre-wax cleanser such as Dod juice Lime Prime Lite, OR would I be better off buying and using a final polish i.e Britemax #4 BLACK MAX, then applying the sealant Britemax #5 EXTREME ELEMENTS after that pre wax?

So product use/order is either:

Clay
Menzerna IP (SFX1/2 pad)
Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite (SFX3 pad)
Britemax 5 (SFX3 pad)
Swissol Onyx

or:

Clay
Menzerna IP (SFX1/2 pad)
Britemax 4 (SFX3 pad)
Britemax 5 (SFX3 pad)
Swissol Onyx

Any advice/opinion is welcome, or if i'm going about it completely wrong please enlighten me !!

106 GTi
I rarely use the CF fluid myself these days before any of my Swissvax Waxes.

I would get some Menzerna Final Finish to complement your Intensive Polish. The finish the Final Finish leaves is awesome, I go straight from that to wax.

Britemax #4 Black Max final finishing glaze works beautifully, follow with a sealant or go straight to wax.

3 for 2 on Britemax products till the end of this month!

MON

titty cup'd 182
Rich, thanks for confirming there is no need for the cleaner fluid pre wax and suggestion of final finish. I have not used a sealant before so going to experiment with one.

Mat, thanks I have just placed an order for a few bits.