ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem fitting ne exhaust

S2000

Today I decided to fit the exhaust I bought off ebay a while back and a lunner decat. Everything went fine (apart from taking ages to get the old one off lol) until it came to fitting the new backbox. The problem is that at the mounting point closest to the rear bumper the previous owner of the exhaust (bought second hand) had had an extra bit welded onto the usual mounting bit so that the exhaust sat a bit further back from the bumper. If you look in the photo below you will be able to see what I mean - its the mounting bit closest to the tail pipe:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/donsrno1/exhaust.jpg

The problem I have though is that I cant get the rubber mounting thing (dont know what its really called) to fit over it as it wont stretch far enough. The bit that is welded on is welded side by side to the old mounting part so the rubber thing can only slide so far down as the metal mounting is too thick. I tried to cut the extra bit off using a hacksaw but it was just blunting the blade and getting nowhere.

Hopefully you were able to follow that. What can I do to mount it - will I just have to buy a new rubber mounting bit from somewhere that is a bit longer or is there any other option?

Thanks.

S2000

I was thinking of that and may give it a try but I was wondering whether or not its possible to get longer rubber mounts? or even ones with wider holes?

If I went to an exhaust fitting place would they be able to sell me just the mount?