ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with ECU swap, advice needed....

Clio 172 Cup
I'm fitting a standard ECU to my 172 Cup to replace the mapped ECU thats currently fitted.
The parts I am swapping are the ECU, UCH, Encoder ring and barrel with the corresponding keys.
When I fit all the replacement parts the car wont start at all, the dash lights don't do their normal sequence and all that really happens is that I get a click from the solenoid on the starter motor I think. The engine doesn't turn at all, which might point towards the immobiliser?
If I fit all my original parts back on it fires up and is back to normal.
I even swapped all the bits back again for a second time with the same result, no starting and the dash not behaving.
Any idea at all what might be causing this?
The battery in the car is fine and i tried swapping batteries in the key fobs in case that made any sort of a difference, but it didn't.
Any advice or ideas about what may be going wrong?
For info, both UCH are the N3 version and all the bits came from a car near identical in age to mine, another 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
No, never got to the bottom of it. Kept the original in there in the end. Car has gone to a new owner now in any case....

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
No, never got to the bottom of it. Kept the original in there in the end. Car has gone to a new owner now in any case....
when changing ecu you dont need to change the ring oir barral.

just the ecu. uch and key fobs. thats it