ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with New (to me) 182 and brand new brembo/ktre/ferodo brakes

I picked up my loverly new 182 last week.

Perfect condition, 11,000 on the clock and i was very happy, the trouble is, i have noticed a few things wrong with it.

Number 1
The lights washer jets, they leak ridiculously all the time. I have gone through 5 ltrs of washer fluid in 4 dsays, its pissing out. It's coming from around the ball where the water usually comes out of. I think its a sealing problem off the ball, Any idea's?

Number 2
The suspension is creaking. I think its the suspension, its sounds like its coming from outside the car thats for certain. It does it on full lock though, like when im doing a 3 point turn or just simply parking!

Number 3
Having just bought Brembo max disc's front, KTR rear's ferodo DS2500 all round, i was expecting amazing results!
I was impressed at first, the performance was better than standard. I had a bit of a scare tonight, as i approached a junction at a fair pace, as i dropped the anchors it was all good untill around 10m before the corner, the brakes simply died and i was carrering toward the junction. The brakes didnt work at all and i ended up going over the junction and luckily nothing was coming. I was very unimpressed though, having 'upgraded' to these, i expected to work under extreme conditions, this was however around 12 minutes into a drive!

Can anyone shed any light onto these problems??
Mike

Burgandy 174 sport t
Number 1: happens all the time new washer jet time, or just skip them altogether

Number 2: Again happens to every clio even my vee does it

Number 3: Did you change the fluid at the same time? did you put on braided ines? I had the same set up only with liines and fluid change to the best stuff available and they are the best brakes I have had on ay of the 12 cars I have owned never mind driven!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Number 1. disconnect pump and loop the washers up behind the bumper so no more leaks no more washers

Number 2. could be the top strut mounts. or bottom arms

Number 3. Do a search this has happened to a coupe of 182s in the past.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
1: Common problem. Replacement jets required. It's a bumper-off job too. :(

2: Common problem. Can be resolved by modifying the top mounts.

3: Phone K-Tec ASAP! If they fitted the kit, let them advise you.

If you've just installed the brakes, they need several hundred miles before they fully bed in to get the best out of them.

I picked up my loverly new 182 last week.

Perfect condition, 11,000 on the clock and i was very happy, the trouble is, i have noticed a few things wrong with it.

Number 1
The lights washer jets, they leak ridiculously all the time. I have gone through 5 ltrs of washer fluid in 4 dsays, its pissing out. It's coming from around the ball where the water usually comes out of. I think its a sealing problem off the ball, Any idea's?

Number 2
The suspension is creaking. I think its the suspension, its sounds like its coming from outside the car thats for certain. It does it on full lock though, like when im doing a 3 point turn or just simply parking!

Number 3
Having just bought Brembo max disc's front, KTR rear's ferodo DS2500 all round, i was expecting amazing results!
I was impressed at first, the performance was better than standard. I had a bit of a scare tonight, as i approached a junction at a fair pace, as i dropped the anchors it was all good untill around 10m before the corner, the brakes simply died and i was carrering toward the junction. The brakes didnt work at all and i ended up going over the junction and luckily nothing was coming. I was very unimpressed though, having 'upgraded' to these, i expected to work under extreme conditions, this was however around 12 minutes into a drive!

Can anyone shed any light onto these problems??
Mike

the problems that you have highlighted are the reason why the car was sold in the first place...

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Number 2: Common problem. Sorted mine with a set of strut-top washers bought from a member on here for a few quid, also availiable from ktec iirc. Apparantly the washers are fitted on vee's as standard to stop this problem

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Number 1

My clio did this when i bought it as well, very common problem. Can be sorted for around £20 buy fitting new washer jets. You need to slacken the front bumper of to do this although is sounds harder than it actually is

Number 2

Another really common problem with the Clio's, as said can be fixed for £10 -£20 buy fitting some strut top washers, whilst these are perfectly safe they may well need removing for your mot according to Fred the guy who first had a batch built up. not 100% sure why. Other option is to just live with it as i have done.
Number 3

As someone said earlier in the thread at at very least get a fluid change done, as well as consider getting some braided brake lines as well for what they cost (£40 ish)

Ignore the people who have said this is the reason the car was up for sale, the problems you have are nothing out of the ordinary.

Just spoke to Shaun at K-tec.
Im taking my car for a 12 K in 4 weeks so im going to lube the bushings now then let the guys down there look at the problems.
thanks for your help, cant wait to change my washer jets (y)