ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
£130 for 2?! From Renault? Yeah 7-10 days before I can trust it to start everytime again. And a nice list of things to do pre-trackday on the 3/9.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Busy couple of days for the clio, got the keys sorted out yesterday so I can now trust it to start again. And the wife has her own key for it finally.

And then took a half day today and popped along to Djw Daves work to use the air tools and get the shocks changed on the front (rears were done last year iirc). Glad I did, 7/8 years since I put them on and the gun struggled a bit on the shock/hub bolts, would've been a pain in the arse at home. Also chucked new front discs and my DS3000 track pads whilst I was at it and my camber bolts. Took my chance to use the bench grinder that has a wire wheel on it too so I could de-rust the wheelbolts, made some difference.

37B6D104-2234-472A-AC42-70617DD2DDC9_zpszq3qdmnt.jpg

DA1AF1B3-6E57-4171-929B-22BF70F70182_zps4wv5xs0o.jpg

89549B0B-FCCB-4529-8EC3-4F7D7E09B8B0_zpsatipenq2.jpg

8EAA190D-9C8B-44CB-8234-DC5E1F55838B_zps9shgcjri.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got the alignment done today after all the recent work

BA9A91E3-2D5F-4BB1-A307-E4F8DFC62933_zps5dvwmfva.jpg

Still to bleed the brakes, change the gearbox oil, PAS fluid and get my track tyres sorted out as well as a full spanner check. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• BA9A91E3-2D5F-4BB1-A307-E4F8DFC62933_zps5dvwmfva.jpg
    BA9A91E3-2D5F-4BB1-A307-E4F8DFC62933_zps5dvwmfva.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 48

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the pic upside down for you? It is for me but right on photobucket!

Went to CLCM again, they're exactly a mile from my work so its easier than pro-grip. Shame Wullie has retired though. £55, £40 alignment, £15 for camber.

Went to CLCM again, they're exactly a mile from my work so its easier than pro-grip. Shame Wullie has retired though. £55, £40 alignment, £15 for camber.
How did you find CLCM? Booked in with them at the start of next month for tracking. Might have them for top mounts too if they will.
Cheers!
Also, sure I saw you or another flames on the south side of Edinburgh a couple weeks ago!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been using them for er, 10 years plus but recently wullie sold up to look after his wife. The new guy appears to have done a good job. Just get it all fitted then go along to them.

You got a ph2 flamer?

Gearbox oil done tonight, it'll hit 113000 tomorrow as well.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
His business sense/people skills are s**t but the figures seem right and its driving right.

Worth noting that its cash only at the moment, which they failed to tell me until I went to pay with card. Best go drop some cash in tomorrow!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Good job you went to CLCM, pro-grip have stopped doing custom alignment!

Oh also, you got cup wishbones on that? Just looking at the caster angles there compared to mine.

Last time I was in there was some absolute virgin in on work experience telling me how he slaps his ma about when she doesn't cook his dinner or clean his clothes 😂

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup! I went in a few months back to get mine done and he said he'd given up doing custom setups. Not worth the hassle apparently. Was getting too many mongs in wanting track setups and then they were coming back and moaning when the inside of their tyres had worn away from constant road use with mega camber and toe out 😂

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, sounds like a pretty big man Paprika! Hard as f**k iirc.

Surely a disclaimer form would sort that out for progrip Stuart?! Seems like a big bit of the market here as well but I guess he doesn't think so.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Way too long! Er bought it in 2007, sold in 2009, bought it back in 2010. Longest I've owned a car by about 5 years!

Oh and thanks, it's stood up to a lot of abuse!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I thought you had it for a while, can't recall you having a different car. Looks great though mate

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No not since you joined! Well loads of others as you know but this has always been around.

The second longest owned car was my first Clio!

john8-1.jpg

Everything else has been quite short lived.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, sounds like a pretty big man Paprika! Hard as f**k iirc.

Surely a disclaimer form would sort that out for progrip Stuart?! Seems like a big bit of the market here as well but I guess he doesn't think so.

Aye, never thought about a disclaimer actually! Think there might've been other factors he mentioned. Was a while back now, but from what I can remember he just seemed a bit fed up of people coming in and wanting this and that, then changing their mind halfway through a setup and stuff.

Been using them for er, 10 years plus but recently wullie sold up to look after his wife. The new guy appears to have done a good job. Just get it all fitted then go along to them.

You got a ph2 flamer?

Gearbox oil done tonight, it'll hit 113000 tomorrow as well.
Cheers, at the end of the day as long as the figures are right and it drives well then that's the main point. Got to get my solid mounts fitted then I'll see what they can do.
Nah, I have a BG on the south side. Haha, my first car was a 1.4 16v in the same blue as yours! Loved driving it! The darn French have got under my skin!

Cars definitely looking good for 110k+

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
are the rear koni's you bought off me still going strong?

Yup sure are, the only original part of the suspension now are the rear beam bushes which I'll no doubt do at some point. It's driving superbly just now.

Cheers, at the end of the day as long as the figures are right and it drives well then that's the main point. Got to get my solid mounts fitted then I'll see what they can do.
Nah, I have a BG on the south side. Haha, my first car was a 1.4 16v in the same blue as yours! Loved driving it! The darn French have got under my skin!

Cars definitely looking good for 110k+

Ah I do get about a decent amount, give us a flash next time, afaik there's only 2 ph1 flamers in Scotland at the moment and the other is in the west coast, belongs to @arg_carra[/QUOTE]

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
my mate sent me a pic of a red ph1 parked in his work car park few weeks back, he works at nhs at the gyle. might of been you john?

Yup sure are, the only original part of the suspension now are the rear beam bushes which I'll no doubt do at some point. It's driving superbly just now.

Ah I do get about a decent amount, give us a flash next time, afaik there's only 2 ph1 flamers in Scotland at the moment and the other is in the west coast, belongs to @arg_carra
[/QUOTE]

Ah I do get about a decent amount, give us a flash next time, afaik there's only 2 ph1 flamers in Scotland at the moment and the other is in the west coast, belongs to @arg_carra
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the other one. It doesn't get spotted much as I live in the middle of nowhere. This is the longest I've ever kept a car, great little things.

11148736_10155673812605506_3331999648858831382_n_zpst78hd5bt.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Aye that's me, what does he drive? Usually it's parked round the corner at my brothers work cos there's more spaces and less door dingers.
He's got a blue e46 330ci coupe. Milltek pipe and lowered on eibachs.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Superb night last night, made all the prep worth it. Tyres wore really well but the ds3000s have had it, 2 track days is utter pish for the money so I won't be buying them again. Car was going really well until something happened and now both wheels are toeing in a lot. So either something is loose, broken or bent from keen hoping. Ah well it'll get fixed.

John from flat out photography was there and took the below pics

1F5EC4E8-158B-4B9A-80F4-AB203D68A781_zpsgbsb0u6m.jpg

CC12628A-7254-4644-9686-595153F9E773_zpstomycpbb.jpg

9F370226-09BB-4ED6-AC7A-EFE477DC334A_zpsq5xbjryr.jpg

5DCC24B4-41AC-4E70-92C2-6DAC4DE84DA2_zps9eifpr6q.jpg

A481E3FB-605D-497E-B6EB-000BCE93B171_zpsivnvuwma.jpg

DC35A0B9-688E-4308-B19B-F23EC557EB29_zps4heogg6n.jpg

E534E1E3-3F47-43D6-B271-6E26E5D0C609_zpsnnwztpqs.jpg

35F5F759-E830-4A1D-9A0B-391B15122CCC_zpsnyxevlsu.jpg

76603805-6E02-44E4-B62A-33FF501154B5_zpscbupi0lp.jpg

8CD7071B-C9D6-45B3-AB13-9912C7EA1BEF_zps59ex5ngs.jpg

3A607A99-5A84-49AF-A2CA-059DEC1FC2F6_zpsnkqiej1b.jpg

175C5DEC-025E-48A2-9CA4-8ABBF52BE3A6_zpsxa8ji0rs.jpg

1782AF54-C307-4B5C-AE71-01BF4A7DD2B1_zpskvzjo1vf.jpg

100DB2BB-13EE-4A7D-A39C-C07B97D7F67D_zps8mxnnjj9.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sacked work off early and came home
To investigate the issue. Turns out the paint on the shocks melted with the heat which meant that the bolts effectively became lose so my tracking and camber where constantly changing. I'd hung off them before going so it's just one of those things. I need to replace the dust covers and bump stops anyway so it would need alignment done again anyway before the years out. At least nothing is bent.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mot passed this morning, advisory for the rear discs, it's not had any weight in the back for a couple of months so they're not looking their best but still working within tolerance.

Only done 4500 miles in the last year though, least I've ever done, must change that and get using it more.