ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS4/PC] No Man's Sky

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Also purchased this. Not sure how much game time I've put in. Had a free weekend, so must be circa 6 hours I reckon.
How are people making so much money so quickly? My little brother seems to have a s**t load of credits!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Also purchased this. Not sure how much game time I've put in. Had a free weekend, so must be circa 6 hours I reckon.
How are people making so much money so quickly? My little brother seems to have a s**t load of credits!
Find gold, sell gold

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
Steam says I've put 8 hours in. Following this Atlas "quest line" at the moment. I hope something good happens soon..

A shiny black one.
There's a trading exploit at starbases. Certain items are in high demand and large premiums are paid when you sell, you can buy these items from ships that have docked for far less and then sell them on at the fixed terminals at the higher price.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys. Found a planet last night with umpteen amounts of gold, so mined to my wee hearts content.
Up to about 600,000 credits now.

Got the Atlas stone, and now need to make my way to the next step.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt I'll play this again now. 10 hours or so in, it's boring as f**k and I should have never bought it.

Ah. That bad, eh? I had fears that it was going to end like that. I'd much rather play a game from start to finish that properly engrossed me for 3 hours - than one that leads you on before quickly realising that its an empty, hollow experience.

I felt the same with The Division, m8. Firing it up initially, I was engrossed - but quickly (in less than an hour for me) - the cracks started to appear. The utter absurdity of the kit choices and DMG caused by them, almost matched the ludicrous situations in which you encountered the enemy. Why in a city where resources are worth more than money and life were groups of morons trying to destroy them? The Division for me was at its peak when I was Level 1. The handgun would injure the enemies realistically - and the beefier guns did the expected hike in damage. All too soon it slid into nothing other than an arms race between you and the AI - who having auto-levelled with your character could now take ten M4 carbine clips to the face - and survive. I 'qualified' for the Dark Zone and before entering heard reports of the added game 'feature' of people going rogue. So I play an online game with three other people for the last 20 minutes, and now one of us can turn around and waste the other three, before buggering off? Who the hell was smoking what when that phase went through development?

I share your pain - definitely the biggest wallet-waster in the last twelve months for me. It's never a nice feeling.

So far spent £340 on this, seriously, my 13 year old boy has been patiently waiting for this since his birthday in July, it comes out and won't launch on his pc (i5 3960k and AMD 7850 16mb of ram). It plays everything else to a decent enough level and not had any games fail to run. So I stupidly agree to upgrade to a gtx970, new power supply, strip down and rebuild and guess what the f~#%~€g thing still won't launch.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So far spent £340 on this, seriously, my 13 year old boy has been patiently waiting for this since his birthday in July, it comes out and won't launch on his pc (i5 3960k and AMD 7850 16mb of ram). It plays everything else to a decent enough level and not had any games fail to run. So I stupidly agree to upgrade to a gtx970, new power supply, strip down and rebuild and guess what the f~#%~€g thing still won't launch.
Sounds like a bigger issue. The 970 breezes this from people I know who run it with one.

Still the same installed OS? Have you removed the ATi drivers from the previous 7850 install?

Don't forget, the third gen i5's will also have the option to use their own onboard Intel HD graphics. It could be a possibility that NMS is trying to use the this, rather than utilising the features of the much more capable 970.

If you expand your Device Manager in Control Panel, and look at the Display Adapters tab - do you have nVidia 970 and an Intel HD Graphics in there? If so, right click and disable the Intel option and restart your PC. Try it then and see if that works.

I'll have a look at that now thanks, done a brand new win 10 instal this mining from formatted hd, installed latest drivers reinstalled steam and still the same.

There were no Intel drivers but there was a generic via driver. I deleted that but it's still the same. Another avenue to investigate though so thanks. There's something odd going on with it. The graphics card is on a riser cable that was supplied with a thermal take wall mounted case and I've also tried removing that and plugging the card in directly but it didn't make any difference.

It's been working fine for the last month with the old card, I've only messed with it at all for this game!!!

A shiny black one.
I think I lost interest in this today. It's tedious and frankly quite boring. It has the potential to be good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There were no Intel drivers but there was a generic via driver. I deleted that but it's still the same. Another avenue to investigate though so thanks. There's something odd going on with it. The graphics card is on a riser cable that was supplied with a thermal take wall mounted case and I've also tried removing that and plugging the card in directly but it didn't make any difference.

It's been working fine for the last month with the old card, I've only messed with it at all for this game!!!
Has it actually managed to install your 970 yet? There was a big update for Windows 10 back in December (v1511, iirc) that fixed a lot of issues - graphics card support being one of them. I couldn't install my 1080 on a fresh reformat recently until this patch was applied.

Not quite sure what you mean about the riser cable? Have you any pics?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
This game is getting ripped apart...

https://m.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/

So glad i've not bought it, the fact there are no ringed planets and all the solar systems are static alone makes it sound pony. Going to wait till it's cheap.
Even if its cheap, I wouldn't bother. It's not so much the wasted money as the lack of a fun game, even a little bit. Start on planet, repair ship, walk around planet, fly off planet, land on planet, mine things. Rinse and repeat. There's no real redeeming feature at the moment, and may never be. It needs a completely different core concept to be good.

The only real thing you are working towards is making your ship and suit have more slots, so you can mine more things.

I don't know whether this or The Division are more disappointing. I put maybe 40 hours into that, at a cost of 60 quid because I'm a dickhead and also got it with the season pass.

Evo 5 RS
Even if its cheap, I wouldn't bother. It's not so much the wasted money as the lack of a fun game, even a little bit. Start on planet, repair ship, walk around planet, fly off planet, land on planet, mine things. Rinse and repeat. There's no real redeeming feature at the moment, and may never be. It needs a completely different core concept to be good.

The only real thing you are working towards is making your ship and suit have more slots, so you can mine more things.

I don't know whether this or The Division are more disappointing. I put maybe 40 hours into that, at a cost of 60 quid because I'm a dickhead and also got it with the season pass.
I only bought The Division very recently, because my mate said he was going to. Which he did, to be fair...but I'm trying to get him to pick it up now and again so I can get my moneys worth, and he's given up on it LOL.
These games have so much promise and never deliver.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I only bought The Division very recently, because my mate said he was going to. Which he did, to be fair...but I'm trying to get him to pick it up now and again so I can get my moneys worth, and he's given up on it LOL.
These games have so much promise and never deliver.
I'm pinning all my hopes and dreams on Planet Coaster. If that is a flop, I'll probably go on a killing spree.

CCDD8E81-FA42-436D-BF08-4B21A7B2F929_zpsfcwn5inq.jpg

The card installed it's running overeat have on ultra at 70fps no problem, along with dark souls 3 flat out. I'm just about to give up. The raised cable is a pice extension that allows the video card to be mounted vertically remote from the mother board. They can be problematic but I've tried the card plugged stapraight in

Typing on an iPad is not my strongpoint, it's running great apart from no mans sky, and I've tried the card plugged straight into the mother board, and last but not least I mean riser not raised cable

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell - I thought those things died away years ago! The last time I saw a riser card used with graphics was around 7 or 8 years ago.

Not that it helps, but the consensus on this thread sounds like you're not missing much in the absence of NMS. I think I've convinced myself not to bother with it anyway.

DCi
I'm pleased I didn't run out to get this given the reviews.
It kind of reminds me of Pokémon in terms of just going around and collecting but not doing anything fun

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm enjoying playing it. But it almost doesn't feel like a game. It's a weird one.

When I'm playing it its kind of hard to put down because there's always something on the horizon. It's just that when you get there you think why did i bother.

Learning the languages could have been something that feels worthwhile but instead they've given you no reason to do it because you get an overview of what's being said in English. So what's the point?

There's a great world here that they've failed to fill with a good game. I'm hopeful of what's to come

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Bloody hell - I thought those things died away years ago! The last time I saw a riser card used with graphics was around 7 or 8 years ago.

Not that it helps, but the consensus on this thread sounds like you're not missing much in the absence of NMS. I think I've convinced myself not to bother with it anyway.

They seem to be coming back into fashion! Seen a lot of people using them all of a sudden.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I did think of comparing this to Minecraft, which I find boring as f**k. This probably isn't for me :(

Renault Clio 16v
I gave up after about 15hours play. Went and bought fall out 4 for £15 and wish I'd done that and saved £50

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hey guys, I have a PSA here regarding No Mans Sky refunds! Seems a lot of people aren't happy and vendors are now issuing refunds due to content advertised not being delivered!

Hope this helps some of you!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I applied for a refund this morning, think 10 hours played. I just said the game wasn't as advertised, didn't work properly sometimes and the promotional material doesn't match reality in the slightest