ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puncture or worse?

Oyster Card
I was just checking my tyre pressures at the petrol station, nothing indicated for me to check them just general maintenace.

Anyhow; I last done them about 3 weeks ago here is what they read.
Rears 28 and 27
Front 18 and 31

Now my setup is 32 front and 28 rear.

I'm really worried about the n/s passenger tyre, as it was at 18 in contrast to how well the rest has held their pressure, so I put it back upto 32 and done about 10 miles and checked it again it's not down to 29 again.

The tyre itself looks fine, it's a decent Cooper racing tyre, I'm really worried that my alloy might be bent or something like that?
The wheels are sort of bad and good, the bad side is they are really easy to kurb as the spokes bend out the good side is the rims are protected by the middle of the alloy.

How hard is it to bend an alloy or basically ruin one? There is quite a bit of kerbing to the spokes of the alloy but none at all to the rim as it's protected.

The car drives fine, I don't know if I'd feel it if it was bent?
There is a lot of potholes round this area though :(

Really really gutted as they are £400 wheels.

BTW: Can't see anything thats causing it to deflate, worst is a stone stuck in the actual tred not wedged between the tred or anything, I est. 7mm of meat left.

Oyster Card
Yeah was thinking that myself - no honestly lol as I noticed compaired to the others the hose used to inflate them was very hard to get onto the dodgy one. maybe a coincidence I have no idea - hell I don't even know if that'd make a diffrence as the valves leak from further in?

Any idea how much a garage would charge to put a new valve on it and refit the tyre if possible?

Oyster Card
Sweet, cheers mate will have to get that looked into.
Would I be able to tell from looking at it if the wheel was ermm how can I put it.. fucked?

Mégane RS
yeah you might be able to tell, jack it up and spin it or something and see if the rims bent or anything like that

Oyster Card
Cheers for that will have to give it a go tommorow, what am I looking for exactly? I've gone round the wheel and the tyre is seated evenly along the rim.

Mégane RS
maybe a really bad curb mark or something like that, or even bent rim or buckled alloy

Oyster Card
Okey doke cheers, can rule out kerb marks as the rim is spotless, I am worried it could have been bent tho as I've been over a few potholes/kerbs.

Oyster Card
Hmm very random, I'm going to check it properly later on but I'm waiting for the cable bloke to come at the moment. I did however check the pressure and its at 28. meaning last night it lost 2 psi within 30 mins but overnight its lost 2 psi within 11 hours.