ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 engine into a 200

Countryman JCW
Hi All,

Whats involved in this conversion? Anyone carried this out before? Is it a straight plug and play swap, or a lot more involved?

Thanks

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Think as far as engine and box it's straight swap, then de immobilised r26 ECU and a few wires swapped about on the Clio loom to take the megane ECU. Not looked into it too deep but it's something I'd like to do!

Countryman JCW
Think as far as engine and box it's straight swap, then de immobilised r26 ECU and a few wires swapped about on the Clio loom to take the megane ECU. Not looked into it too deep but it's something I'd like to do!
Well im going to view a 200 tonight and if its any good, im going to put a deposit down. Next will be sourcing an engine and box, then deciding whether me and my mate can do the swap on my drive, or whether it requires a professional, in which case i may just pay for a drive in/drive out conversion to save messing about. @Russ Rallye any hints/tips?

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
It is fairly simple but there is a big difference between just doing the conversion and doing it properly. Wiring isn't too bad there is info out there. My advice would be buy a complete donor car as buying all the little missing pieces can cost you a fortune.
Russ

Countryman JCW
It is fairly simple but there is a big difference between just doing the conversion and doing it properly. Wiring isn't too bad there is info out there. My advice would be buy a complete donor car as buying all the little missing pieces can cost you a fortune.
Russ
Thanks for the note Russ... mind if i PM you if i buy the 200? Will be good to talk through the intricacies etc...