ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R888s use or change?

Got a sessioned day at Oulton (6 x 20min) Friday and don't want to run out of grip. I'm thinking they should do if I shuffle them about during the day?
20170215_161807.jpg

I'm guessing these will end up at the carcass with the stopping power of the RC8s I've fitted. Can't wait to try them coupled to hot track tyres, as they're bloody dangerous on cold road tyres.

dan's cast offs.
yeah, bit spaced out still but got to be said loads better today. only almost fallen over once so far today :smile:

Clio 182
I'm guessing these will end up at the carcass with the stopping power of the RC8s I've fitted. Can't wait to try them coupled to hot track tyres, as they're bloody dangerous on cold road tyres.
I run rc8 or 10 can't remember off the top of my head. Also use 888 like yourself.
It's a great formula.

One thing I found was I needed better brake cooling.

I run rc8 or 10 can't remember off the top of my head. Also use 888 like yourself.
It's a great formula.

One thing I found was I needed better brake cooling.
Yeah thought this would be an issue, got grooved/dimpled discs and removed my fogs but will need proper ducts eventually.

172 Ph1
It felt weird at first that rumble you get from grooved discs when heavy braking!

Bloody hell, hope you recover well mate.

I've grooved and dimpled discs , and I read about the poss juddering in which these could give off . Can't say I've had any issues with them really . But the RC8s are getting fitted before Bedford on the 25th , so I've got a set of Brembo HC discs off george @ RTR . My thinking was , entry speeds are going to be higher with the ultimate stopping power of the CL8s , I think the juddering may start to rear its head.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've grooved and dimpled discs , and I read about the poss juddering in which these could give off . Can't say I've had any issues with them really . But the RC8s are getting fitted before Bedford on the 25th , so I've got a set of Brembo HC discs off george @ RTR . My thinking was , entry speeds are going to be higher with the ultimate stopping power of the CL8s , I think the juddering may start to rear its head.

I don't get any juddering, it's just a slight rumble as you can feel the pads biting into the grooves which is what you want for stopping power.