ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reading/Basingstoke Meet

Petrol Blue 182.
we just had the Camberley meet, which is in the middle.

they'll be more once the weather improves no doubt!

Clio Sport 197
How about Thursday 26th May? Almost 2 weeks away which should be enough notice for people to get along.

Clio Sport 197
Was thinking of The Turners Arms in Mortimer, it's a good half way point. I have no idea what the pub is like but it looks like it has good parking. Anyone else have any suggestions?

RS 189.9
Was thinking of The Turners Arms in Mortimer, it's a good half way point. I have no idea what the pub is like but it looks like it has good parking. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I dont have any arguments with this.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Longbridge would be a good place.
Cant do thursdays though, can do mondays though if everyone else can? (I notice someone already said not wednesday)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I can't do Thursdays either as I play pool those nights.

A Monday or Tuesday night would be best for me.

Me and Mike do a martial arts class on tuesday night, but we could come along after it as its in bracknell, but TBH monday would be better for both of us.

Anyone got any objections to a monday?

Could maybe make it a regular one, like 3rd monday of the month for example, which would make this monday coming (21st) the first one?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool, its a date then, lol

Shall we start a new thread so its a bit cleaner with:

Address: Longbridge meal + details
Regular date: 3rd monday of the month (7pm?)
First meet date: 21st May

Atouba perhaps you could do it and then PM all the people who are likely to want to attend as its normally you that organises these sort of things IIRC?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I like the idea of something regular like this, but maybe varying the location each time? Will leave it to you Mr Atouba...

I like the idea of a changing location, but IME if you have one place that is always the same every month and the same time of the month etc its a lot easier for people to remember and at the end of the day if it starts to get successful we could maybe use it as a starting point to meet at and then convoy off to somewhere else from perhaps? Trip over to nandos in reading down the A roads or whatever?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This.

Also IMO Monday isn't a good night to have it on, midweek meets are usually more popular.

Thats weird, IME they work well, I go to a monthly ford meet that has about 100 people at it most months and thats a monday night.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm keen on a regular monthly one aswell, the last one I went to was great to meet various people, including Tim (Atouba) and Chip lol ;). The only issue with this one, is my car may not be back from the bodyshop. But...if not, I shall turn up in my loan car beast. The humble 107. The Clio's will feel threatened I am sure.

RS 189.9
I like the idea of a changing location, but IME if you have one place that is always the same every month and the same time of the month etc its a lot easier for people to remember and at the end of the day if it starts to get successful we could maybe use it as a starting point to meet at and then convoy off to somewhere else from perhaps? Trip over to nandos in reading down the A roads or whatever?

Hell Yeah to Nandos!