ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear 172 caliper missing part

133545101.jpg

I urgently need a new rear caliper but Eurocarparts show there is a piece missing that goes over the pad. Mine has rusted beyond use. Is it normal for caliper to be piston only?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
You mean the large part that holds the pads in? I don't think I've ever seen one rusted beyond use! I certainly wouldn't look to buy an entire new caliper because of it. Unfortunately I just sold my spare rear calipers!

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
The carrier usually refers to the part on the front brakes which holds the caliper itself, and incorporates the sliders, although I'm not sure what you would describe the above part as.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Aha I think that's the bit he's after! I would assume you've got some spare now XD

172 cup
I just bought two new rear calipers from Euro Car Parts last week, they come complete with the pad holder.

I got them from ECP, both sides were different makes, and only one had the pad holder and they said it was a mistake and shouldn't of had them at all.

I went to GSF and had no hassle as they came complete