ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear disk thread failing.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
So I've got a bit of a weird one. Checking my bolts with a torque wrench yesterday on track and found that one wouldn't do up. Took the wheel off and the stud has come out a bit. Try to do that up with no success and then find that the thread on the disk has perished. This is the second time this has happened to me and it's always the rears. Any ideas why? Using pure stud kit with locktite and genuine rear disks. Maybe try some different disks?

Last edited:
  MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
2nd time the thread failed. First time the collar or countersink of the hole had cracked and a piece of the disk had come away. Only done up hand tight

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Using locktite on them. Only had two come loose but obviously is ruining the disk so need to take them out and reinstall them all

172 Ph1
a3792f68ad16f00171e4e854c5ab2022.jpg

These were Micky mouse studs before I purchased the PMS ones , never had an issue .

I can relate to you guys saying that the studs undo and then the nut needs retightening and in doing so eventually pulls the last bit of the thread out .
My studs have an Allen key in the centre , so I guess the 20Nm can be achieved with ease .
I just hand tightened mine with locktite , I'm assuming mine will be tighter than the 20Nm's.
No issues to date [emoji1303]

IMG_4013.JPG