ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear ended part duex

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Camera quality isn't too shabby mate! Handled the situation pretty well! Hope everything/everyone's alright.

Mini Cooper S sport
Hope it's all sorted asap and glad you were both ok. Impressed by that emergency function and the dash cam.

You were so calm with your daughter, bless her.

Did the Meg driver have his eyes shut?

Must've been looking down at his phone, texting possibly.

A bright orange car, with brake lights on, indicating in the middle of the road isn't exactly incon-f**king-spicuous.

He should've bought a Ford with sync and text reader himself.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A quick update; Aviva have confirmed their engineer has all he needs to sign off on the repair, that's expected to happen today so, bodyshop time permitting, they can get started repairing on Monday.

If it takes two weeks to complete I'll have it back two weeks before Goodwood giving me just enough time to get four new tyres fitted and the brake fluid changed.

Great news! I wasn't expecting things to happens so quickly!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It continues to move forward.

Insurance company have issued approval for repair. Dealership have advised bodyshop. Bodyshop have ordered parts.

Also, it turns out the repairing bodyshop is a 3 minute walk or a 1 minute drive from home in my village. They are going to love me LOL

Thats good news, your insurers sound awesome, the ones that dealt with my crash were useless, took them 4 weeks to pay out on a £700 Lupo, it cost them more money in hire car cost than the price of the pay out, could have been sorted within 48 hours! no wonder insurance prices are so high!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So two weeks after this happened and the bodyshop have all they need except the rear bumper which is en route from Germany. I'm going to take a stroll across to see it at lunch, see how they're getting on and ask if they might be able to refurb my one slightly kerbed wheel while they have it.

Aiming for a return to me on Friday 31st which is cutting it fine for Goodwood but should allow me just enough time to bleed brakes and fit new tyres.

The 1.0 EcoBoost is keeping me entertained though. Wringing its neck everywhere I can't get the average mpg below 50!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Enjoy them trying to match the wheel colour. Yours is an early car so the Volvo colour may work, if it doesn't give me a PM and i'll help you out mate.

Make sure they know not to take a chance on the colour of the wheel, it has to be good or don't bother. They flip a lot colour wise and it's a very difficult match!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Enjoy them trying to match the wheel colour. Yours is an early car so the Volvo colour may work, if it doesn't give me a PM and i'll help you out mate.

Make sure they know not to take a chance on the colour of the wheel, it has to be good or don't bother. They flip a lot colour wise and it's a very difficult match!

I've called about 6 refurb places near me. Each one has refused to do the work on 2 of my alloys. Right pain.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I've just been to see it/them, so sad walking away and having to climb back into the Zetec. Their operation looks professional enough though...it's in good hands.

As for the wheel refurb, they sub it out so don't do it themselves...and he couldn't comment on any likely paint match issues so I'll leave that for now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So it took a few days longer than expected but I'm pleased to report it's back. It's been a very long three and a half weeks. I only got to drive it the 0.2 miles home from the bodyshop (compared to the Zetec it felt like it had zero suspension LOL) as I'm working on the company's payroll today...I will get out and give it a good kicking as soon as I can.

IMG_20150729_145820.jpg
IMG_20150729_145832.jpg
IMG_20150729_145856.jpg
IMG_20150729_145919.jpg
IMG_20150729_145937.jpg

Reactions: DrR