ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear speakers

clio 1.2
i'm after some advice,

does anyone know if the 3dr mk2 clio authentique has all the wiring in for the rear panel speakers? i've just fitted a clio sport interior with the speakers in and want them to work! or is my only option to run a wire from the front speakers back to them?

cheers all

renault clio 1.4 16v
cant tell you but laying new cable is easy enough, besides, replacing that thin oem speaker wire with good stuff makes a world of difference

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You wouldn't run them from the front speakers, you'd run them from the headunit. I'd be surprised if they aren't there already but would've though you would see them when swapping out the interior.

clio 1.2
You wouldn't run them from the front speakers, you'd run them from the headunit. I'd be surprised if they aren't there already but would've though you would see them when swapping out the interior.
if i'm honest i wouldn't even know what i was looking for haha. would there be an actual plug there or would there just be wires ending there?

clio 1.2
so i was following another thread on here about cutting into this plug by the passenger door... only to find that my plug is different and wired different.... can someone please help me ☹️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 58

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can I suggest paying someone to do it. Without wanting to cause offence this is the sort of job that's very straightforward and if you're this unsure there's a real risk of issues.

Watch and learn from whoever does it though.

clio 1.2
Can I suggest paying someone to do it. Without wanting to cause offence this is the sort of job that's very straightforward and if you're this unsure there's a real risk of issues.

Watch and learn from whoever does it though.
that was the plan originally lol but then i was like it can't be that bad lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's not really and you gotta learn somewhere but it's probably for the best. Defo ask questions and watch what they guy is doing if they'll let you.
You don't happen to be near Edinburgh at all cos if you are I'd be happy to show you what to do

clio 1.2
It's not really and you gotta learn somewhere but it's probably for the best. Defo ask questions and watch what they guy is doing if they'll let you.
You don't happen to be near Edinburgh at all cos if you are I'd be happy to show you what to do
other end of the country near enough haha i know of a couple auto electricians so ill get one to come and show me how! ill stick to the mechanical side of it all

clio 1.2
*UPDATE* I did it! I bit the bullet and they all work fine now! If you're reading this wondering if you can do it; If a spastic like me can do it you can too lol