ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper arm removal tool?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
hmmm not sure where i'm gonna get one of them over the weekend.

the one i suggested no good no?

other then that i'm thinking of going in with the hacksaw.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer the one you have shown seems like it will do the job, sorry didnt no you needed it on short notice.

• Just spray some wd40 on the bolt leave for a bit
  • then unscrew the nut to the top but not fully off
  • then line the bolt up with the top of the scew using the nut as a holder
  • then tighten the bolt up till you here a pop noise.
In affect its just something you can use to prize it off the screw.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
it's ok lol!

so the pop noise is the arm realising off the spindle?

how does your one work that you suggested, can't really tell from that pic in the link!

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
yer soon as its popped its realised, basically its like a claw on a teddy machine at arcades lol. You build it up and you can have 2 or 3 arms at what ever height you like then the bolt in the centre of the claw for prizing it off. Cant fault it bit of a pain building it up no instructions lol but easy to use and seems strong.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
040210606.jpg

Thats what it looks like when built up mate.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
haha, ill try the hacksaw first, if that doesn't work i'll pop over to see mr angle grinder!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
IF i'm going to just hack it off - it ain't worth wd40'ing is it?

CLIO PH1 172
that guide is actually really good i guarentee it will come off first time (or atleast mine did and it was rusted to hell) by using that guide

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sorted this this afternoon.

the first nut came off so easy i was surprised. then brought out the hacksaw to saw off the arm :) full of win :)

clio
hi i am new to forum. plz could you tell me how to get clio rear window wiper blades of with to spanners.

thank you lyn

1.2 Mk2 Clio
What about a plug for the hole, is there a specific part for this by any chance? Looking to do this to mine.