ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wiper Delete

After weeks of practising not to use my rear wiper, I'm confident it won't annoy the f*ck out of me when its gone.

Just looking for a few pointers.

1st) how the hell do you get the trim off to get the motor etc?
I can only find 1 screw?
68763c26.jpg

2nd), do I remove the motor too?

Anyone thats done this before who can give advice would be very much helpful

its a mk2ph2 04 1.216v dyna

kthxbye

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
there are a number of screws across the panel, and removing that will give you access to the wiper motor.

3 bolts and a plug on the wiper motor.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
there are a number of screws across the panel, and removing that will give you access to the wiper motor.

3 bolts and a plug on the wiper motor.

chumpmobile
1 screw
rest of it just pulls out with some considerable force, poppers i think
remove the motor as well :)

then you need a a grommit form halfords to plug zee hole!

aha, thanks Dweed.
Shame I'm on night shifts and don't have the comfort of a lit garage, so I'll do this on the weekend :)

Black Gold Trophy
by the way, a lot of people spend a lot of time grafting filling the hole in the rear wiper surround and are completely unaware that the poverty spec models without a rear wiper had a blank surround and you can buy them from renault too.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
My Saxo Vts runaround has had the rear wiper removed, it's the most annoying thing in the world. Keep meaning to go to a scrapyard to get a new motor/arm.

Seems the most pointless modification in the world imo.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah, can't say I see the point in this mod. I don't have a rear wiper - with my car being a saloon - and it does my tits in sometimes.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
But what about when it rains - surely you can't see out the back then - especially on a motorway when all the cr*p is sucked onto the back window?

It does my nut in on the Saxo - and I think it just looks weird without the wiper!

172/1.2/E30
That is the blanking plate of a clio ragnotti (the lightweight continental 172 cup) which is as far as i know not available anymore. all poverty spec clios came with rear wiper afaik.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Kind of thread related. Got my rear wiper off with the ball joint splitter, easy.. but this plastic bit, do these plastic points need to come out/off for my new one to go in? Tried pulling out with my hands, need some grips.. or any other tips?

IMG_6408.JPG

image.jpg