ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wiper Problem

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a rear wiper motor from my brother's breaker phase 1, and for some reason it sweeps 3/4 of the screen, then a 1/4 of the boot lid before going to resting position. Super weird how it goes past resting position clockwise onto the boot lid, surely resting position should be the end of the travel? When static it's in the correct horizontal position as always.

Any thoughts/solutions?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Just remembered I have this photo, which shows what I'm on about.

So as you can see, it wipes 3/4 of the way it should, then goes back past the resting position wiping the top of the boot lid then back up to resting.
33038645235_a322aef023_c.jpg
IMG_3744
by Niall97, on Flickr

@barnesautos

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers! It would seem it's a problem with the motor coming off a phase 1 then. Weird considering it's the same tailgate/window as the phase 2 but oh well, we'll see.

172 Ph1
The motor only bolts in one way as we all know . What you need to do is remove the wiper arm and operate the motor and wait for it to park .
Once parked , place the arm back on in the correct position and re-operate .
Report back what's happening

What has been mentioned above about the motor being wrong could be possible . Only way you'll know is to compare the motors and the park positions .

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
As above, may of been removed while the motor was mid sweep, or the motors duff.

Either way, its damaging your paint work on the boot, and I also have a spare PH2 motor if you need it :smile:
How much would you want for that motor mate incase the above doesn't work? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say on here.

RS 200 CUP
While we're on the subject of the rear wiper... as mine reaches the apex of the rotation it loses contact the rear window towards the end of the blade. So rather than the normal shape of the wipe from the rear wiper I get something similar but flat at the top. Its not a major issue or causing visibility issue but it annoys the hell out of me; any ideas anyone?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
While we're on the subject of the rear wiper... as mine reaches the apex of the rotation it loses contact the rear window towards the end of the blade. So rather than the normal shape of the wipe from the rear wiper I get something similar but flat at the top. Its not a major issue or causing visibility issue but it annoys the hell out of me; any ideas anyone?
Mine does the same . I think thats normal, I know what you mean , its annoying lol

And mine... but only since my wiper arm got stuck whilst cleaning the car, then snapped when putting it back down.

I tried a new non genuine arm, then another genuine one, genuine blade, then changed the motor itself and it still does it...

Heres an old picture of mine at its worst during the winter months, it reminds me of the batman symbol or something, hate it!

20170301_233246.jpg