ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing old touch-up. Ibis White A5.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm correcting an owner's mistake later today on an Ibis White A5. Long story short, her daughter chipped (~2mm) the rear quarter with a bike handlebar, which she's then touched in herself with Audi touch-up.

The issue is, she's touched it in with what appears to have been a four inch brush. It's awful. Leaving an area of touch up around the tiny mark now where she tried to "blend it in"

What are my least aggressive options? Up to now, I'm using 3M panel wipe, then high-grade wet sanding the excess off, obviously then correcting the sanding marks with a machine and various combos.

Any advice/suggestions on other routes would be appreciated. @gally

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just make sure whatever you do that you prep it correctly, give it a good wash and a drive around the block to dry it off before cracking on with the DA.....

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Chop off the exceee with a nice sharp Stanley blade, sand it, polish it with an orange hex pad and heavy cut polish then charge them £200 for the pleasure
Scare me with your Stanley blades you do 😂

Best bet is probably sanding unless she's done such a s**t job you can pull the paint out

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Thanks guys.
Ended up having to cut the excess with an orange pad, then the worst with 3000G.
Polished the sanding marks out and refined. Touched in with a cocktail stick (as should've been done originally) and all sorted.