ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RENAULT CLIO MK3 - HEATING NOT WORKING

Renault Clio
I recently took my Renault Clio Expression 2006 plate in to the garage for a silver service, 2 x new tyres and a coil change.
Since I got the car back the heating was working no problem but then a few days later stopped working completely no hot/cold air on any fan setting. Around a day later the heating popped back on again when I was driving and suddenly stopped working a few days later and hasn't worked since.

This is proving to be a nightmare with the current weather, with unable to heat the car as well as getting rid of any condensation.

I took it back to the garage for them to have a look to my surprise they had no clue (apparntly checked the fuses behind the glove box and all seemed ok) but told me to take it elsewhere perhaps Renault Dealer but really don't fancy being ripped off.

Took it into Kwik Fit they can't seem to pin point the exact issue, but reckon its the Heater Resistor Pack and/or Blower Motor, but won't do anything as it requires the full dash off apparently!!

Desperately need help to get to the route of the problem, feel like I'm going in circles, if any one can help?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Is it that fan that's not working or the heater. Deferent fault but my fan started squeaking really badly and was about to die. Renault changed it under warranty but they said it can be common. May need a new fan motor.

Renault Clio
Is it that fan that's not working or the heater. Deferent fault but my fan started squeaking really badly and was about to die. Renault changed it under warranty but they said it can be common. May need a new fan motor.

There was no air whatsoever no hot or hold and no noise when turning the fan settings! I'' now even more confused as I've picked it up from Kwik Fit to my surprise turned the engine on and the heaters are working and also blowing hot air. It is only when I turn it to fan setting 4 it makes a horrible rattling sound and when I turn it to 3 it makes the rattling ever so slightly. Everything seems okay on 1 and 2???

Clio 172
Your taking it to the wrong people really, mechanics don't generally know much about automotive electronics, you should take it to an automotive electrician who will most likely be able to find the fault. The fact that it works then doesn't, then kicks back in to life again could suggest a lead is broke/lose somewhere, so might be an easy fix without removing the dash, but you would need the electrician to test all the wires.