ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resonated vs non resonated

Megane R26
I currently Have a a Decatted Scorpion SRN019 on my 182 with silenced center section.

It's surprising quiet and I don't often drive it hard but I'm hoping for a bit more rasp (my old 106 Rallye had a Pugsport, if you know, you know!). Not really after anything much louder unless I can manage it with throttle input.

I have found most 182 systems drone too at motorway speed?Will a non res take away some boomy bass noise and upp the pitch?

Mine is a 2.5inch system. I know there are 2.25 but never seen any for sale. That would obviously help with raspy.

Fit non res Centre section or hunt for a 2.25 system?

Pfa

IMAG0169-01_1.jpg

Last edited:
  Megane R26
I have a 2.25 Ktec non res with decat. No drone and sounds raspy
OK nice. That's what I thought! Am I right in thinking Janspeed is identical to Ktec 2.25?

I just want raspy when I actually push on. I can drive a loud car quiet if you know what I mean.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
You'll get the rasp you want from the non-res centre section. I have a Milltek (so 2.5") with non-res centre section and it's really raspy, but obviously still a lovely tone on the throttle.

Those Scorpion SRN019's like you have are renowned for drone, my brother had one on his 182 years ago and it was very boomy.

monaco 172
On my old 182 I found the best sound was when I had the janspeed 2.25 with centre silencer with decat.

I tried all combinations and for me that was best. Decat with no centre resonator was too loud

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mines really not that loud on the inside unless pressing on. From the outside it sounds ace.

Was tempted to try another exhaust just because, but theres no point tbh.

monaco 172
I want to decat my 172 with ktec stealth but I work in a school and it's bad enough as it is. I usually try to coast in so I'm not sounding too obnoxious lol.

Megane R26
This is the ktec/Janspeed 2.25 right?

received_10154427438501829.jpg

And this the 2.5?
received_10154427438416829.jpg

I love the look and fitment of my Scorpion but I definitely want more rasp and have been offered a Decatted ktec, pic below with silenced center section.
Is that the one to go for? How much louder will it be with a straight center section? I'm after max rasp but not super loud!
received_10159113122800268.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was suprised how much louder it didn't go. It's raspy trust me. But not ott or annoying

And yeah I have the top one

2004 Clio 182
Chaps...... not sure if this is the right place but thought I'd ask rather than start another thread.

Just bought Non Res scorpion De Cat Daytona 2005 exhaust........ have any of you come across these on track days at all? Tad worried after speaking to mate that I might struggle decibel wise.

Megane R26
Chaps...... not sure if this is the right place but thought I'd ask rather than start another thread.

Just bought Non Res scorpion De Cat Daytona 2005 exhaust........ have any of you come across these on track days at all? Tad worried after speaking to mate that I might struggle decibel wise.
Haven't heard one a rsn019 without a mid silencer in afraid. I like the Daytona tips, mine had the 'Le Mans' tips