ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning member SM54 YLN

Back in 2004, i was a fresh faced 19 year old ClioSport member / owner of a silver FF (with cup packs) ClioSport 182 (SM54 YLN).

Almost 20 years later and in advance of a certain milestone birthday, I'm once again looking to get behind the wheel of one and relive some b road blasts.

Anyway, an obligatory 'hi' to everyone, hope you're all well.

Last edited:
  172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Do it!!!! Our ages match up, I had a 172 Cup in 2005, my current daily beeps at me when I get in the car, it beeps at me when the speed limit changes, it’s grabs the steering wheel when it thinks it’s seen a line in the road. It’s only going to get worse

I’m so glad I bought my Cup!

Do it!!!! Our ages match up, I had a 172 Cup in 2005, my current daily beeps at me when I get in the car, it beeps at me when the speed limit changes, it’s grabs the steering wheel when it thinks it’s seen a line in the road. It’s only going to get worse

I’m so glad I bought my Cup!
I hear that mate.

Probably similar to yourself I've had a fair few fast cars over the years however with kids etc the priorities shift.

Had toyed with the idea of a Yaris GR as a toy but doesn't have the sentimentality for me.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
GR Yaris is a great car but now there is going to be a new iteration I’m not sure that compares to the nostalgia of a Clio you drove as a care free fit and healthy teenager.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thanks

Hopefully won't be long before I can share pics of a new purchase.

In the mean time I'm reading up on problem areas / things to watch out for when buying.
Tbf mate they've stood the test of time it seems! Other than belts being up to date, then really the main thing to look for is rust on the rear arches/sills. Everything else is standard stuff and easily sorted really. Gearbox crunches are a thing to look for as I think parts for rebuilds are getting hard to source now

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks

Hopefully won't be long before I can share pics of a new purchase.

In the mean time I'm reading up on problem areas / things to watch out for when buying.
They keep on going if you look after them. Still my daily since picking it up in December 2004.

As Ol' Tarby says - it's the parts now that are either expensive due to rarity, or pretty much not available at all. If I had the space to store them, I would have been stock-piling written-off, or sheds of 182s about ten years ago!