ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' 96-Spec JDM Dc2...

JDM Dc2
I've been on the lookout for one of these over the past 3-4weeks as I just don't use my Fiesta XR2 Trackcar enough anymore, had it 3 years, was 220bhp/tonne and was a very quick car but I just couldn't justify keeping it anymore tbh with mates going into drifting and others just not doing trackdays anymore, and me being a sub-contractor now so taking a day off for a trackday means a day unpaid, and trackday prices have shot up I believe, this will still be getting used on track but only Saturday trackdays after/before the race season.

So, the car I bought yesterday, went down to bath (mare of a city) to view it, and kinda had to come away with it really because its a bloody lot of car for the money I got it for...

was imported in 2005, its on 163k KM so 101k miles, 10months MOT, 3 Months tax

the lightest out of the 3 DC2's weighing in 1060kgs, none abs model (obviously
why I wanted one of these rare ones haha)

was fully serviced inc. Cambelt in April

mods -

Remus Catback exhaust
Spoon Airfilter
Magnecor leads
Refurbed Rocker cover
Tein coilovers
Buddyclub adjustable upper front camber arms
282mm front brake conversion from an MB6 Civic (standards are 262 and poor I believe)
98-Spec Rear bumper
New Tegiwa ITR stickers
Toyo T1R tyres allround (195-50s as opposed to 55s which they come with standard)

could say more and probs missed afew things out but ah well, heres the pics after ive just gave it a clean -

IMG_3507_zps8ef10859.jpg

IMG_3508_zps57c6ed53.jpg

IMG_3509_zps4e759a66.jpg

IMG_3510_zps3d8bf2d0.jpg

IMG_3511_zpsb222fd6e.jpg

IMG_3512_zps26a0c426.jpg

IMG_3513_zps82236293.jpg

IMG_3514_zps3ba44511.jpg

IMG_3517_zps8bfbf57d.jpg

IMG_3518_zps5ba9ec40.jpg

IMG_3519_zps58609d42.jpg

IMG_3520_zpsacfaf3b8.jpg

plans -

insure it this week
decat
smaller exhaust tip
tegiwa induction kit
enjoy it
see what happens... haha

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Awesome cars! You love every minute in that mate, get yourself a spoon n1 and it will be spot on

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks good mate!

Wouldn't bother with the tegiwa induction kit personally the OEM are good enough! Mugen one gives the best gains (which to be fair the tegiwa is just a replica of) but we're talking at the most 5bhp for £250 here...

Decat will make it raspy, mines decatted and im thinking of putting the cat back on it. I have a JDM cat in the garage actually I was saving for a rainy day but could sell?

I think it needs the 96 spec bumper back on personally too, the 98 spec doesn't suite the 96 spec wheels, doesn't look right.

:)

JDM Dc2
cheers all!

Dan I was thinking of the tegiwa whale induction kit not the enclosed box type like the mugen.. id like it a tad raspy but not crazy, what system do you have on yours?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've seen this car about getting hammered off the limiter sounded great....

Had you going, looks very tidy! :)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Why do Honda make the front and rear seats look like they come for different cars or is this all a modification thing I've seen on a few of these? Much prefer these to UK ones though!

JDM Dc2
That's all it'll be doing now anyway seeing as Jamie Her0 League champion Rigby owns it ;)

As mentioned before mate, looks awesome.

eh ive never hit the limiter in this yet haha

Epic. I miss mine loads.

Already has the 282mm brakes too! Upgrade to a 98spec manifold too.

might do in the future

Why do Honda make the front and rear seats look like they come for different cars or is this all a modification thing I've seen on a few of these? Much prefer these to UK ones though!

nah standard, uk ones come with black recaros

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nope, UK comes with red interior, imports have black. The ones in yours have been changed.

​Looks good, they move fairly well when in VTEC.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
cheers all! Dan I was thinking of the tegiwa whale induction kit not the enclosed box type like the mugen.. id like it a tad raspy but not crazy, what system do you have on yours?

I've had a few mate, Buddyclub Spec 2 was my favourite. Currently got OEM 96 spec with a decat. Rasps at around 3k and sounds well in VTEC.

Spoon N1 is what I want now.

I wouldn't bother with the induction kit IMO. Although they do look epic, I'd have to remove my ABS if I wanted one.

Take the top cover off the airbox if you want some VTEC roar :)

eh ive never hit the limiter in this yet haha might do in the future nah standard, uk ones come with black recaros
Nope, UK comes with red interior, imports have black. The ones in yours have been changed. ​Looks good, they move fairly well when in VTEC.

That isn't true, most white ones have red interiors. All white UK models have red interiors, twas an option in JDMland

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Strange, a lot of Untouched imports I've seen have black seats, don't know why anyone would switch red for black. Knew the UK white models didn't come with black seats anyway.

​As for exhaust, has to be a spoon N1. As long as you don't work night shifts anyway....

JDM Dc2
I've had a few mate, Buddyclub Spec 2 was my favourite. Currently got OEM 96 spec with a decat. Rasps at around 3k and sounds well in VTEC.

Spoon N1 is what I want now.

I wouldn't bother with the induction kit IMO. Although they do look epic, I'd have to remove my ABS if I wanted one.

Take the top cover off the airbox if you want some VTEC roar :)

why go back to an OEM arnt they only 2'' bore?

already have the top cover off, it roars but im not just after raor I want whats best for performance without spending 250-450quid for an airbox, the whale tegiwa kits are 'only' like 150 posted and it'd be tucked right behind the headlight

you wouldn't they do non-abs ones on ebay just type in Tegiwa

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So is the XR2 going Jamie?

Love the DC2, very nice cars, the wheels do look a tad weak on these though due to the long body look they have.

JDM Dc2
I really wont regret it haha, want the xr2 gone as whole, got a couple of people interested in it atm

so.. insured the car yesterday fully comp with protected ncb and mods declared, 4k miles/year, 350 excess... under a grand, thanks Sky Insurance!

stuck 20quids worth of fuel in (asda cheap crap to see how it behaves).. pulls awesome, vtec is savage when it kicks in at 5800rpm, 8700rpm is rather addictive too!

Lsd is awesome!

also noticed the car has yellow front fogs which are cool when on, not too bright, and xenon headlights which I never knew they had :)

rocker cover gasket needs replacing as its leaking very slightly

don't think i'll be decatting the exhaust as its nice and quiet and I don't want it loud, if itll just go a tad raspier then yeh maybe but atm it isn't raspy at all just a nice quite slightly deep tone!

gearbox ratios are short too, exactly the same as what my FRP box was like in my Zetec S back in the day that revved to 8000rpm, that done 92mph in 3rd and sat at 3800rpm at 70mph in top gear too, another reason why I don't want it louder :lol:

new honda badges and h-stickers for the wheels ordered too :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. That exhaust needs to go in the bin ASAP though... replaced with an N1.

I love how hardcore 96's look, but I'd have to go 98 just for the updated bits.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Awesome. That exhaust needs to go in the bin ASAP though... replaced with an N1. I love how hardcore 96's look, but I'd have to go 98 just for the updated bits.

What do you mean how hardcore they look? I'd say they're both pretty hard core lol.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
why go back to an OEM arnt they only 2'' bore? already have the top cover off, it roars but im not just after raor I want whats best for performance without spending 250-450quid for an airbox, the whale tegiwa kits are 'only' like 150 posted and it'd be tucked right behind the headlight you wouldn't they do non-abs ones on ebay just type in Tegiwa

The rear box is, I have a DC sports centre with a 2.5" decat.

So not quite OEM... I'm lusting for spoon though.

JDM Dc2
don't want an N1 as I don't want it as loud/louder than the fiesta was haha

defo changing the tip for a 3''straight cut instead of the 4'' inwardly rolled