ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rojer's 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the Ktec solid engine mount/gearbox mounts on mine and to be honest it's not bad at all. It vibrates a little but nothing too bad. I don't know how much it vibrates on the standards though to compare. Mines a daily car pretty much, although i'm only a student ;)
I do get rattly glovebox/rear doorcards though but i just thinks that's standard renault.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the Ktec solid engine mount/gearbox mounts on mine and to be honest it's not bad at all. It vibrates a little but nothing too bad. I don't know how much it vibrates on the standards though to compare. Mines a daily car pretty much, although i'm only a student :wink:
I do get rattly glovebox/rear doorcards though but i just thinks that's standard renault.

Yer there is a lot of opinions on this subject like i said, I will give the new standard ones ago with the Powerflex bush and see how I get on. Worst case I can always change to the Ktec ones if required. I would like to go for a ride in a car with some fitted to see what it was like for myself as everyone is different.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a blow this morning :( I have parts arriving at my work and today i received the new power steering pump so I was all excited. I then had a reply to my PM from Mick at Diamond Motors and he said that he wouldn't be able to fit a pump that he didn't supply as the tolerances are so small on certain parts (1mm) if it failed it would take the aux belt then the cam belt with it! So i understand Mick's side as its his warranty and name on the job etc, it just means I would have to leave the car there longer and it will cost a bit more.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Just to keep @OssPoop happy ;) I decided to do a headlight restoration today. I ordered the bits i needed during the week (AG Headlamp Resto Kit, Tape and sealer). The lights looked OK from a distance, but were quite poor on closer inspection.

20170218_113415.jpg
20170218_113411.jpg
20170218_113406.jpg

First thing i did was grab the de-greaser and give the lights a good wipe over, this will help prevent the sanding discs clogging up. Then mask the lights up, good idea to put a couple layers of tape down in case you catch it with the paper. In the kit you start with 800 grit, i used a cordless drill at first but the batteries were s**t so I ended up using a corded one.

20170218_120708.jpg
20170218_122301.jpg
20170218_122305.jpg
20170218_123022.jpg

On the first attempt with the drill I still had a lot of scratches, tbh some parts i found it easier to do by hand and a bit of water. So further refining it left me with the above. I then went through the various stages so 1500, 2000 & 3000 and this is the end result. Not perfect by any means, but alot better. I am happy with them for now will seal them with some Gtecniq C4 tomorrow.

20170218_135520.jpg
20170218_135506.jpg
20170218_135459.jpg

In regards to the Autoglym kit it is OK in my opinion, the sanding discs are of decent quality, but like i said some times it's easier to do it by hand rather then use a drill. The polishing compound provided is OK, i would prefer to use 3M Fast Cut Plus as I have done in the past. Overall a positive review and would probably use again.

While i was doing some work on the car i also cleaned up the earths for the rear lights and it looks like that has done the trick so no more fog light bulb on the dash when braking or indicating. Thanks @Davyy

I was giving the car a bit of abuse on the way home the other night and now its started making a whistling noise on the passenger side when accelerating after 3k. After a bit of searching on here i found out it's probably the join between the cat and the rest of the exhaust. I will jack it up tomorrow and take a look.

The current to do list:

* Fit new PAS pump (should stop the whining noise)
* Find out what the new whistling noise is
* Fit new engine and Gearbox mount when they arrive
* Replace brake line on rear axle as it's starting to corrode

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Good news mate. Mine seems to be annoying again, gave the earths a scrub and hasnt solved it so gonna have to look inside the light :(

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Good news mate. Mine seems to be annoying again, gave the earths a scrub and hasnt solved it so gonna have to look inside the light 😧

Yer mine has come back but only at certain times/sides I will clean the bulb holder and the electrical connector to see if that does it once and for all.

UPDATE TIMEEEEEE

Apologies as I am quite excited, I have been ordering a lot of parts recently and trying to organise everything so this might not make much sense.

PAS pump (genuine part reconditioned as Renault don't supply new ones anymore)
Rear brake line on the axle
Febi Bilstein OEM engine and gearbox mounts
Powerflex engine mount insert
PMS Exhaust system + Genuine CAT fitting kit
Need to decide on induction kit
Mapping with Chris @ EFI

I'm sure there is probably more i have missed, anyways on Saturday the car is going to Beaniesport to have the exhaust fitted and if all my mounts arrive in time I will ask him to fit them as well.

Then next month it is booked in with ED again to have the brake line replaced and the PAS pump fitted. I'm looking to have it remapped the same day at EFI, but still need to confirm dates and times with everyone.

The exhaust should stop the whistling noise when accelerating past 3K and it needs replacing anyways as it was a bit of a s**t job by the previous owner, plus the car feels a bit slow ATM. Then finally the new PAS pump will stop the whining noise.

So exciting times, I will probably buy a K-Tec induction kit or one similar to @Dr Jekyll

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Why not get ED to map it at the same time?

Nice list of parts there too.

Also, if you require pics/links of my kit, just ask :smile:

Ha ha i have already been through your thread so I have seen the links, what did you cut the silicone with? Just i have heard so many great things about EFI, I haven't really heard much about the remapping at ED, but maybe that's worth a shout.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha i have already been through your thread so I have seen the links, what did you cut the silicone with? Just i have heard so many great things about EFI, I haven't really heard much about the remapping at ED, but maybe that's worth a shout.

I've heard good things about ED mapping, no experience here though.

Also not sure why you'd go all that way to get lines / pass pump fitted when Beaniesport can do it all? (Apologies if I missed something in the previous posts!)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I've heard good things about ED mapping, no experience here though.

Also not sure why you'd go all that way to get lines / pass pump fitted when Beaniesport can do it all? (Apologies if I missed something in the previous posts!)

The price basically, also as ED had done the belts for it not long ago thought it would be best to ask them, not that I don't trust Chris. I'm excited to see how he gets on doing the exhaust and mounts and as he is close by i will probably use him for more jobs in the future.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The price basically, also as ED had done the belts for it not long ago thought it would be best to ask them, not that I don't trust Chris. I'm excited to see how he gets on doing the exhaust and mounts and as he is close by i will probably use him for more jobs in the future.

He did a good job on my exhaust, I ended up getting it all welded together as it was blowing around the silencers & at the sleeve that someone else put on!

He has done a fair bit for me - clutch, water pump, alternator, pas pump. All on separate occasions, somewhat expensive lol!

That's an awesome list of things to get done matey, hope all goes well.......... map, new exhaust and induction kit and it'll be nipping along nicely, peace of mind getting the maintenance bits done too :up:

As for the K-Tec induction kit, this is my engine bay (just to tempt you with one 😂)

P1040772_zpsvgiqszr8.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
That's an awesome list of things to get done matey, hope all goes well.......... map, new exhaust and induction kit and it'll be nipping along nicely, peace of mind getting the maintenance bits done too :up:

As for the K-Tec induction kit, this is my engine bay (just to tempt you with one 😂)

P1040772_zpsvgiqszr8.jpg

Your evil.....

Anyway more exciting updates, I think i may have lost my mind slightly. Tomorrow I will be picking up some low mileage 197 cams :) and my exhaust will be delivered. Very excited, Chris is going to fit my mounts and exhaust on Saturday. I have since emailed Andy about the cams and mapping so waiting a price on that. Couple of pics of what has arrived so far.

20170222_100829.jpg
20170222_100902.jpg
20170222_123417.jpg
20170222_184314.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome!! Will be interested to see how you get on with the cams and mapping when it's all done

Well it should be relatively easy to fit them as far as i'm aware its a straight swap and just have to advance the timing by 8 degrees on one of the cams i think. @NorthloopCup is the man in the know i have been told. Hoping to gain around 10bhp, but more interested in the torque increase. With the induction kit, PMS exhaust and the cams hoping for 185/190bhp and a nice bump in torque.

Speaking of which, i wonder whats in the box.....
IMG-20170223-WA0008.jpeg

PH2 172
Not sure i catch what you mean, unless your saying the Clio needs a charger to keep up with the bike haha.

Not at all, your Clio is strong as it is.
At the back of my mind was the thought that you would soon get bored of 190 brake, and think about looking for more.
Charger works best with standard cams apparently.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Not at all, your Clio is strong as it is.
At the back of my mind was the thought that you would soon get bored of 190 brake, and think about looking for more.
Charger works best with standard cams apparently.

I'm not sure if i'm bored of it, i just want a bit more response from down low really and a bit more torque. I think the cams with the other mods are relatively cheap way to get a little boost and then i can save for a turbo once i have changed the brakes, suspension and a load of other stuff.

I do like the NA rawness of the Clio, it's similar to the Honda engines i'm used to but they just don't rev as high. I think i need to have a go in Andy's turbo Clio and see how i feel.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Today was a fun day! I have been all excited because my exhaust arrived, i had the car booked in with Beaniesport for fitting. I must say Chris is a great guy loves to have a chat with you, very knowledgeable with great workmanship. I would highly recommend and will use again for sure. When i arrived just after nine this morning he was pushing this bad boy out of his workshop.

20170225_092309.jpg
20170225_092300.jpg
20170225_092251.jpg

So after a quick chat and a look around the car it was time to get her in and get cracking. Standard exhaust wasn't in the best of shapes and the current CAT fitting kit was pretty poor!

IMG-20170225-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0015.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Continues...

IMG-20170225-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20170225-WA0025.jpg

So as you can see Chris did a great job and the PMS exhaust system is lovely extremely good quality. Only think i might change is to go for the 3.5 inch tips to fill the bumper a bit better. The sound just has a bit more depth to it at low revs and sounds nice at high revs not to different from the standard in terms of volume, but a nicer tone overall. Also my hunch was right as the whistling noise has stopped now.

While it was there is also had the new mounts fitted with the PowerFlex insert, now i was a bit worried at first thinking its going to vibrate the car to pieces. However I have been pleasantly surprised so far. A very small increase at idle and the car feels a lot nicer through the corners now, couple extra little vibrations in the cabin, but nothing serious. Overall I am happy with the choice of OEM mounts with the poly insert and I love the exhaust. Stay tuned for more updates!!!!!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing that exciting today, woke up and decided to clean the belts for work as it was long overdue!

Going to order my intake today :) and think about a PMS shifter....

20170107_130843.jpg

20170228_110412.jpg
IMG-20170228-WA0000.jpeg

Continues...

View attachment 179003 View attachment 179004 View attachment 179005 View attachment 179006 View attachment 179007

So as you can see Chris did a great job and the PMS exhaust system is lovely extremely good quality. Only think i might change is to go for the 3.5 inch tips to fill the bumper a bit better. The sound just has a bit more depth to it at low revs and sounds nice at high revs not to different from the standard in terms of volume, but a nicer tone overall. Also my hunch was right as the whistling noise has stopped now.

While it was there is also had the new mounts fitted with the PowerFlex insert, now i was a bit worried at first thinking its going to vibrate the car to pieces. However I have been pleasantly surprised so far. A very small increase at idle and the car feels a lot nicer through the corners now, couple extra little vibrations in the cabin, but nothing serious. Overall I am happy with the choice of OEM mounts with the poly insert and I love the exhaust. Stay tuned for more updates!!!!!
Nice welding on the cat top work.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Nice welding on the cat top work.

Thanks, it wasn't done by me (i wish). It was Chris at Beaniesport. I have ordered my intake today and some nice PS3s all round can't wait to see what the difference is on those compared to Jinyus haha. Getting them fitted on Saturday :)

dan's cast offs.
how come you kept the cat?

also with standard mounts and powerflex upper insert and dogbone you'll be fine. it's a nice set up.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
how come you kept the cat?

also with standard mounts and powerflex upper insert and dogbone you'll be fine. it's a nice set up.

I kept the CAT for a few reasons, when searching on here people were saying the 182 CAT is like a sports one anyway, plus with the derestrictor welded on its a lot better. Also i do 110 miles a day mostly on the motorway so didn't want any drone or anything. The noise is slowly getting a bit louder which is fine and to me it sounds decent. I will have to post some videos of flybys and starting etc.

With the mounts im happy with the OEM ones and the poly insert. I do need to change the dog bone for poly as i thought it had already been done, but its a new OEM one and has no movement yet so will change it over once it perishes.

dan's cast offs.
my 182 was a bit quieter once i'd decatted it.

the febi mounts seem good as well, have been using them for a while now and everyone's been happy with them.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
my 182 was a bit quieter once i'd decatted it.

the febi mounts seem good as well, have been using them for a while now and everyone's been happy with them.

Lol that's weird was it a good CAT? I have never decatted a car and it was quitter haha.

I believe the Febi are OEM Renault anyways and for £37 all in compared to £110 for one it makes sense.

I have ordered my intake today and some nice PS3s all round can't wait to see what the difference is on those compared to Jinyus haha. Getting them fitted on Saturday :smile:

The PS3's on my 182 are very good tyres, you won't be disappointed :up:

Seeing your belts tho --> 🙈 only because they look so good haha mine sooo need doing, its the only dirty bit on my whole interior lol!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust looks like a very good decision. Liking Chris's work, also been lucky enough to see the yellow 106 up close. What a beast!

It was a very good decision, I am very happy with it. I would love to see that 106 on the track must be a beast!

The PS3's on my 182 are very good tyres, you won't be disappointed :up:

Seeing your belts tho --> 🙈 only because they look so good haha mine sooo need doing, its the only dirty bit on my whole interior lol!

I used the @Dr Jekyll method with a bucket of warm water, some Vanish Gold and washing up liquid. Pull the belt out as far as it will go and use a washing peg or a clamp etc to hold it out, leave the belt to soak for 5 in the bucket then use a nail brush to scrub it and leave to dry :)